do you like this Dune 3 skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:23 pm
melodyz wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:29 pm Hi just want some feedback on this. I put it up for sale for cheap. I need a good name for it though. So far im calling it Dark Night.
im calling it a rip off

unless you have permission from the original GUI designer/Synapse Audio, you cannot even distribute this for free
how is this different from other skins? seems fine (to me, anyway)...

fisherKing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:31 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:23 pm
melodyz wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:29 pm Hi just want some feedback on this. I put it up for sale for cheap. I need a good name for it though. So far im calling it Dark Night.
im calling it a rip off

unless you have permission from the original GUI designer/Synapse Audio, you cannot even distribute this for free
how is this different from other skins? seems fine (to me, anyway)...

all he has done is put a colour hue on it, it's basically all the original images, but coloured

Skinning 'engines' that only allow changing colors or the look of knobs/faders aren't fruitful (2ct).

elassi wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:51 pm Skinning 'engines' that only allow changing colors or the look of knobs/faders aren't fruitful (2ct).
Dune 3 has no skinning "engine", its fully skinable.

AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:53 pmDune 3 has no skinning "engine", its fully skinable.
Well, then it's a bloody kindergarden attempt. Also hilarious that the OP wants to charge for it - and even asks for a fancy name. ;-)

elassi wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:55 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:53 pmDune 3 has no skinning "engine", its fully skinable.
Well, then it's a bloody kindergarden attempt. Also hilarious that the OP wants to charge for it - and even asks for a fancy name. ;-)
and yet it looks good. what harm is there in this? why is it so important to trash the OP? :dog:

im batman.

vurt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:02 pmim batman.
how would im'ing batman help? will he come to the rescue..? (or did you mean i'm batman). because we don't want to use the terminology incorrectly... :D

fisherKing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:03 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:02 pmim batman.
how would im'ing batman help? will he come to the rescue..? (or did you mean i'm batman). because we don't want to use the terminology incorrectly... :D
f**k it, call superman instead.

I think it looks good. A little TOO good...
Signatures are so early 2000s.

please dont drag a debate from another thread into this one like that
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

mine was merely a "dark night" related joke.
now, like the flash, zoom zoom zoom...
im gone.

no that was just timing, sorry...direct at FK and terminology
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm no that was just timing, sorry...direct at FK and terminology
oops, apologies. am running on no sleep, and posting everywhere...

fisherKing wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:01 pm
elassi wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:55 pm
and yet it looks good. what harm is there in this? why is it so important to trash the OP? :dog:
because:

-Synapse audio created this, he only changed the color
-He asks for money for something Synapse Audio created.

Easier to explain - you go to your daily job and at the end another person steps in and says "i did the job" and he gets your money.

Return to “Instruments”