TDR SlickEQ M 2.0

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
neverbeeninariot
KVRist
279 posts since 3 Feb, 2015 from UK

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but v2.0 of Tokyo Dawn Labs fine SlickEQ M is out! :party:

2.0.0 Major update

# Added VST3 support
# Added compatiblity for macOS Catalina
# Added 100%, 125% and 150% UI scale options.
# Added advanced mixed phase modes for stereo width and balance filters.
# Added "SumDiff" stereo mode offering operation similar to traditional M/S EQing.
# Added "Mono" and exclusive channel modes "Sum", "Diff", "Left", Right".
# Added ECO and LIVE (zero latency) processing modes.
# Replaced LF and HF nonlinearity options with LF and HF exciters (legacy mode still accessible and recallable).
# Added Smart Operations panel (incl. control over stereo width and panning).
# Added source selector for the analyser: Off, Input, Output.
# Added options for Stereo Analysis (stereo width and balance vs frequency).
# EQ autogain no longer affected by HP or LP (projects recall as before, though).
# Analyzer precision and reaction time improved.
# UI performance improved.
# Fixed bug in stereo width loudness correction (old projects recall as before, though).
# Several little improvements.

And very fine it is too, nice one Fabien and crew. :tu:

Oh, and you have two hours left to get it on sale for EUR30 :D

ere2learn
KVRAF
1655 posts since 3 May, 2014

Re: TDR SlickEQ M 2.0

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:20 pm

neverbeeninariot
KVRist

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:44 pm

It's a thing of beauty :D the only niggle I have with the new version is that the smart ops panel should open on the right hand side, it's jarring when it shunts the GUI over when opening on the left.

XorXisT
KVRist
266 posts since 20 Jun, 2005

Post Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:18 pm

Beautiful it is :tu:

legendCNCD
KVRian
820 posts since 23 Sep, 2004 from there

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:31 am

Only thing is : does the new matching stuff work as previously, it feels like its more tight though. I think I have to experiment more, first I was utterly confused how I'll get the eq-gains working after the measurement is taken... I'm still a bit.
Soft Knees at Bandcamp
Soft Knees - Demoscene

e@rs
KVRAF
4293 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 am

Must-have plugin! :borg:

Calenberger
KVRist
379 posts since 8 Sep, 2019 from Calenberg

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:46 am

e@rs wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 am
Must-have plugin! :borg:
YES
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, kanntu meine musi hoeren da:
https://sonoryth.bandcamp.com/
Signature Sound

jethrobull
KVRAF
1865 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:55 am

$30 @audiodeluxe atm :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
myfeebleeffort
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

neverbeeninariot
KVRist

Post Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:08 pm

legendCNCD wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:31 am
Only thing is : does the new matching stuff work as previously, it feels like its more tight though. I think I have to experiment more, first I was utterly confused how I'll get the eq-gains working after the measurement is taken... I'm still a bit.
The new version seems to be almost exacly the same as the old one for EQ matching.

I loaded a drum loop onto two separate tracks, then inserted v1.0.3 into one, and v2.0 into the other. I created a reference file from both, saved them, then cross-loaded the reference files (still will me?), then I did an EQ match on both.
v2 activated the EL band (the one in the middle) and set it to 0.1
v1 also activated the EL band, and set it to -0.1
Pretty close, I'd say ;)

In a less clinical test, I applied a previously saved v1 reference file to a master I was working on and they sound the same to my ears.

v2 has also gained the ability to (optionally) 'deresonate' after learning, nice!

If you're not sure about how to do EQ match.

1. Put EQ M on the track you want to 'learn'
2. Find the part of the track or loop that you want to use as a reference, open the SmartOps panel and hit Learn
3. Wait until you get a message that there's no longer any variance, hit Stop
4. From the REFERENCE menu, select Use Learned Input as Reference
5. If you want to save the reference to a file, click the small disk icon. (you don't have to do this, EQ M can use a reference from another EQ M instance, but lets pretend we did save it to disk...)
6. Put EQ M on the track you want to match to the reference
7. Open the Smart Ops panel and hit Learn
8. See 2.
9. From the REFERENCE menu, select From file, and load the one we pretended to save earlier...
10. From the OPERATION menu, select Match Reference
11. While the panel is open, you can also tweak the low / high frequency where the matching will take place, and the range (i.e how much matching) - Range can be positive or negative. You can also do the low-pass/high-pass thing from the panel too.
12. Hit Apply when you're happy with it.

legendCNCD
KVRian
820 posts since 23 Sep, 2004 from there

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:01 am

neverbeeninariot wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:08 pm
legendCNCD wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:31 am
The new version seems to be almost exacly the same as the old one for EQ matching.

I loaded a drum loop onto two separate tracks, then inserted v1.0.3 into one, and v2.0 into the other. I created a reference file from both, saved them, then cross-loaded the reference files (still will me?), then I did an EQ match on both.
v2 activated the EL band (the one in the middle) and set it to 0.1
v1 also activated the EL band, and set it to -0.1
Pretty close, I'd say ;)

In a less clinical test, I applied a previously saved v1 reference file to a master I was working on and they sound the same to my ears.

v2 has also gained the ability to (optionally) 'deresonate' after learning, nice!

If you're not sure about how to do EQ match.

1. Put EQ M on the track you want to 'learn'
2. Find the part of the track or loop that you want to use as a reference, open the SmartOps panel and hit Learn
3. Wait until you get a message that there's no longer any variance, hit Stop
4. From the REFERENCE menu, select Use Learned Input as Reference
5. If you want to save the reference to a file, click the small disk icon. (you don't have to do this, EQ M can use a reference from another EQ M instance, but lets pretend we did save it to disk...)
6. Put EQ M on the track you want to match to the reference
7. Open the Smart Ops panel and hit Learn
8. See 2.
9. From the REFERENCE menu, select From file, and load the one we pretended to save earlier...
10. From the OPERATION menu, select Match Reference
11. While the panel is open, you can also tweak the low / high frequency where the matching will take place, and the range (i.e how much matching) - Range can be positive or negative. You can also do the low-pass/high-pass thing from the panel too.
12. Hit Apply when you're happy with it.
Cool thanks, I was gonna try it myself but ran out of time.
Ok so I did it right, was just a bit surprised by the resonance spikes, maybe it was on that part of the tune analyzed.. Anyway thanks!
Soft Knees at Bandcamp
Soft Knees - Demoscene

Return to “Effects”