do you like this Dune 3 skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm Yeah, that's why you are using several of my skins or mods.... Short memory apparently.
I've been wanted to practice skinning synths, but can't find any guides on where to get started. Could you point me in the direction of how to open the original skins for Vengeance? Much appreciated!

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:27 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:23 pm
melodyz wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:29 pm Hi just want some feedback on this. I put it up for sale for cheap. I need a good name for it though. So far im calling it Dark Night.
im calling it a rip off

unless you have permission from the original GUI designer/Synapse Audio, you cannot even distribute this for free
+1 This is the important point. A person named Mikael Eidenberg created the skins for Dune 3 (and Sylenth and the new Rapid skin among others I'm sure).

For someone to take his work without permission, edit it a little bit an then charge money for that edit is wrong. It's really that simple.

It's a d-bag move and quite frankly any harsh response to that despicable act is not undeserved in my opinion.

It's like if you released a song, someone added a hi hat track to it and then tried to sell the song.

If that's not obviously wrong then I don't know what else to say. :?

I've done some minor color edits for the D3 Dark skin but I asked for and received permission to share them before doing so. Never in a million years would I have tried to sell them or even thought about doing so.

Right and wrong are crystal clear here....or should be. :shrug:
the only skins im buyin' are for the "pineapple express".

So these are my own tests... and i wouldn't sell them because i think the buttons are to original. even if i changed the keyboard and 3d rendered knobs and wheels. :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:27 pm It's a d-bag move and quite frankly any harsh response to that despicable act is not undeserved in my opinion.
we still have rules here, we still have mods who spend countless hours here for free and we would appreciate making the comments in a mature a reasonable way to perhaps lessen our burden, not intentionally add to it because you feel the rules should not apply in this case. This is why we have to problems we have and I say it all the time...people think they are entitled to get their word despite requests from mods.

I said that was the threshold, I suspended one for breaking it...go ahead, take a guess why I dont delete or lock this? Probably not for the reason most people think.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

psynical wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:55 pm
Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm Yeah, that's why you are using several of my skins or mods.... Short memory apparently.
I've been wanted to practice skinning synths, but can't find any guides on where to get started. Could you point me in the direction of how to open the original skins for Vengeance? Much appreciated!
You can ask Rene the developer. He can send you the original resources. You'll pretty much have to find your way in there but if you're used to designing you will. Rene is also a friendly guy so he can give you some pointers if you get stuck.

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:57 pm the only skins im buyin' are for the "pineapple express".
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:01 pm So these are my own tests...
Reskinning is not about changing every image to another image. It's about providing a better experience.

Do you think people will have a better experience with this skin?

Hink wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:27 pm It's a d-bag move and quite frankly any harsh response to that despicable act is not undeserved in my opinion.
we still have rules here, we still have mods who spend countless hours here for free and we would appreciate making the comments in a mature a reasonable way to perhaps lessen our burden, not intentionally add to it because you feel the rules should not apply in this case. This is why we have to problems we have and I say it all the time...people think they are entitled to get their word despite requests from mods.

I said that was the threshold, I suspended one for breaking it...go ahead, take a guess why I dont delete or lock this? Probably not for the reason most people think.
Yes we still have rules here like not allowing promotion of the theft of intellectual property.

I don't know what the suspended member's original comment was since it's been deleted. I said any harsh comment is "not undeserved".

The trigger should have been the OP not the reaction to it.....one would not have occurred without the other happening first.

I think you're over reacting a bit and I think you've missed the salient point but whatever I don't want to get suspended too so I'm out.

Once again if you feel being a Mod is a such burden....no one is forcing you to do it..... :shrug:

Have a nice day. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:38 pm
fisherKing wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:06 pm
Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:38 pm Don't know about most
exactly.
Yeah, that's why you are using several of my skins or mods.... Short memory apparently.
sure, i like the work you've done, and have used it; i just don't understand why you're being combative about this. we can use what we want, even if it's a particularly-simple reworking. no harm done...

Teksonik wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:32 pm
Hink wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Yes we still have rules here like not allowing promotion of the theft of intellectual property.

I don't know what the suspended member's original comment was since it's been deleted. I said any harsh comment is "not undeserved".

The trigger should have been the OP not the reaction to it.....one would not have occurred without the other happening first.

I think you're over reacting a bit and I think you've missed the salient point but whatever I don't want to get suspended too so I'm out.

Once again if you feel being a Mod is a such burden....no one is forcing you to do it..... :shrug:

Have a nice day. :tu:
I said we work hard and would appreciate comments made respectfully, you put words in my mouth...how the heck am I wrong for that now too?

You say the trigger should be the OP...so I need to know exactly what skins are what and by who? Really? Then you make such a comment about modding be a burden? Dude, think about that for a second and ask yourself if it's reasonable at all.

Now can you figure out why I dont want to lock this? I need to know, I cant know for sure from members, I dont even own the synth so I am hoping that the evidence will mount and perhaps Richard or who made the skin will pop in so I know...you posted some very good info...I'm just trying to stop more flame wars and more threads bringing down KvR.

Once again everyone has an excuse for the rules not really applying to them in this case...and then you turn on me with that passive aggressive bullshit :lol:

I wonder why developers even allow 3rd-party skinning in the first place. Usually the developers' own GUI's are the best, anyway. Take Sylenth1 for instance. It comes with 10 or so skins, but except for the default one they all have flaws.

For those that don't know the synth. These are the original skins, provided by the developer.

Recognise anything?

default.png

light.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:00 pm I wonder why developers even allow 3rd-party skinning in the first place. Usually the developers' own GUI's are the best, anyway. Take Sylenth1 for instance. It comes with 10 or so skins, but except for the default one they all have flaws.
you never find yourself thinking

"this synth sounds effing amazing, shame its blue and not purple :( "?

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:06 pm For those that don't know the synth. These are the original skins, provided by the developer.

Recognise anything?

default.png

light.png
i think the black and white stripey thing is either a keyboard or a zebra?

vurt wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:06 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:00 pm I wonder why developers even allow 3rd-party skinning in the first place. Usually the developers' own GUI's are the best, anyway. Take Sylenth1 for instance. It comes with 10 or so skins, but except for the default one they all have flaws.
you never find yourself thinking

"this synth sounds effing amazing, shame its blue and not purple :( "?
Not really, no :)

Return to “Instruments”