do you like this Dune 3 skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:06 pm For those that don't know the synth. These are the original skins, provided by the developer.

Recognise anything?
yes I do...has anyone gone back and checked the original post?

At anytime was there ever a link to buy this? (dont bother there wasn't because I was going to remove it after the second post)

Instead people come in and jump on a new member and I am wrong for asking that not to happen.

Any of you ever think this might be a kid with no idea of what he was doing? Youthful exuberance perhaps got him to post it here because he liked it but the absence of any links in his sig, any link to sell it, not even a fb link or any way to reach him except here.

But some people just want to jump on anyone, perhaps he just made a mistake (that he apparently corrected)...but he deserves to get cussed out and attacked instead of a little bit of the benefit of the doubt a newer member with very few posts might be entitled too...is this really the KvR we want? :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yes, we never know who's on the other side of the line. Not seeing someone's face facilitates rude behavior.

from your lips to the members ears :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I remember the first week I was here, I said something about the Prophet 5 being a boring synth.
I was insulted like I was never insulted in my life before. (The guy got actually banned)

So not a good thing but also not new...

I've seen people presenting a (simple) synth for FREE and being insulted for the audacity to waste people's time with this junk. These guys probably spend weeks working on it.
Last edited by Stefken on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:22 pm
ReboundAudio wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:01 pm So these are my own tests...
Reskinning is not about changing every image to another image. It's about providing a better experience.

Do you think people will have a better experience with this skin?
When you want to provide a better experience just use the original skins.
No one of us is a professional UI designer. Mikael Eidenberg is.

At least it's matter of taste. But i see now why you guys talk about a rip here. Didn't know the white skin from Dune3 so i couldn't know he just copied it. Then he should create his own knobs etc... This is indeed just a copy and some color grading.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Hink wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:16 pm
Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:06 pm For those that don't know the synth. These are the original skins, provided by the developer.

Recognise anything?

At anytime was there ever a link to buy this? (dont bother there wasn't because I was going to remove it after the second post)

Instead people come in and jump on a new member and I am wrong for asking that not to happen.

Any of you ever think this might be a kid with no idea of what he was doing? Youthful exuberance perhaps got him to post it here because he liked it but the absence of any links in his sig, any link to sell it, not even a fb link or any way to reach him except here.

But some people just want to jump on anyone, perhaps he just made a mistake (that he apparently corrected)...but he deserves to get cussed out and attacked instead of a little bit of the benefit of the doubt a newer member with very few posts might be entitled too...is this really the KvR we want? :?
+1

No, definitely not.
You are doing a great job as a mod here really and I highly appreciate it.
I can´t understand why some people are so full of hate and react like executioners.

enCiphered wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:36 pm +1

No, definitely not.
You are doing a great job as a mod here really and I highly appreciate it.
I can´t understand why some people are so full of hate and react like executioners.
amen :tu:

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:30 pm I remember the first week I was here, I said something about the Prophet 5 being a boring synth.
I was insulted like I was never insulted in my life before. (The guy got actually banned)

So not a good thing but also not new...

I've seen people presenting a (simple) synth for FREE and being insulted for the audacity to waste people's time with this junk. These guys probably spend weeks working on it.
no it's not new and I hope it's clear I try to make a difference...which I guess can be reflected in the new massive x thread. Sadly my use of the word burden was exploited to make a faulty judgment but the truth is I do care a lot about this place, sure wish we had something like this when I was young...I would like to keep it a strong resource for all...not a place to get beat up because you were wrong, made a mistake or are just ignorant on a subject.

We appreciate the work you do Hink. :tu:

ty guys :)

For me, a good place is, where people can say what they think without the need to get personal or insult. As long as we can have this democracy all is fine for me. :tu:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Stefken wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:30 pm I remember the first week I was here, I said something about the Prophet 5 being a boring synth.
Know what's frequently happening in a cooking(!) board I used to visit? Endless debates and arguments, followed by bans, about ingredients belonging to a soup, meal or whatever. :D

Being tired of this I only use the recipe data base of this board, but since one can comment on the recipes (like in a blog) you imagine what's happening there, too: endless debates and arguments... :D

Hink wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Recognise anything?

unless you have permission from the original GUI designer/Synapse Audio, you cannot even distribute this for free

I was insulted like I was never insulted in my life before.
You know, it's sometimes not what you say, but, how you say it. Like... comparing Massive X to a Fiat car, or saying that it caused your wrist strain.

seriously? Youre gonna start shit about a different thread here and one thats going very well?

Return to “Instruments”