do you like this Dune 3 skin

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
29741 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 am

Stefken wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am
For those that don't know the synth. These are the original skins, provided by the developer.

Recognise anything?
yes I do...has anyone gone back and checked the original post?

At anytime was there ever a link to buy this? (dont bother there wasn't because I was going to remove it after the second post)

Instead people come in and jump on a new member and I am wrong for asking that not to happen.

Any of you ever think this might be a kid with no idea of what he was doing? Youthful exuberance perhaps got him to post it here because he liked it but the absence of any links in his sig, any link to sell it, not even a fb link or any way to reach him except here.

But some people just want to jump on anyone, perhaps he just made a mistake (that he apparently corrected)...but he deserves to get cussed out and attacked instead of a little bit of the benefit of the doubt a newer member with very few posts might be entitled too...is this really the KvR we want? :?
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

e-crooner
KVRian
500 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:26 am

Yes, we never know who's on the other side of the line. Not seeing someone's face facilitates rude behavior.

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
29741 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:27 am

from your lips to the members ears :)
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Stefken
KVRAF
1709 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am

I remember the first week I was here, I said something about the Prophet 5 being a boring synth.
I was insulted like I was never insulted in my life before. (The guy got actually banned)

So not a good thing but also not new...

I've seen people presenting a (simple) synth for FREE and being insulted for the audacity to waste people's time with this junk. These guys probably spend weeks working on it.
Last edited by Stefken on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ReboundAudio
KVRist
167 posts since 20 Jan, 2019 from Germany

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:31 am

Stefken wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:22 am
ReboundAudio wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 am
So these are my own tests...
Reskinning is not about changing every image to another image. It's about providing a better experience.

Do you think people will have a better experience with this skin?
When you want to provide a better experience just use the original skins.
No one of us is a professional UI designer. Mikael Eidenberg is.

At least it's matter of taste. But i see now why you guys talk about a rip here. Didn't know the white skin from Dune3 so i couldn't know he just copied it. Then he should create his own knobs etc... This is indeed just a copy and some color grading.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 10.1 64bit / Reason 10

enCiphered
KVRian
592 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:36 am

Hink wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 am
Stefken wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am
For those that don't know the synth. These are the original skins, provided by the developer.

Recognise anything?
yes I do...has anyone gone back and checked the original post?

At anytime was there ever a link to buy this? (dont bother there wasn't because I was going to remove it after the second post)

Instead people come in and jump on a new member and I am wrong for asking that not to happen.

Any of you ever think this might be a kid with no idea of what he was doing? Youthful exuberance perhaps got him to post it here because he liked it but the absence of any links in his sig, any link to sell it, not even a fb link or any way to reach him except here.

But some people just want to jump on anyone, perhaps he just made a mistake (that he apparently corrected)...but he deserves to get cussed out and attacked instead of a little bit of the benefit of the doubt a newer member with very few posts might be entitled too...is this really the KvR we want? :?
+1

No, definitely not.
You are doing a great job as a mod here really and I highly appreciate it.
I can´t understand why some people are so full of hate and react like executioners.

User avatar
fisherKing
KVRAF
2025 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:39 am

enCiphered wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:36 am
+1

No, definitely not.
You are doing a great job as a mod here really and I highly appreciate it.
I can´t understand why some people are so full of hate and react like executioners.
amen :tu:
always one plugin short of perfection...

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
29741 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:40 am

Stefken wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
I remember the first week I was here, I said something about the Prophet 5 being a boring synth.
I was insulted like I was never insulted in my life before. (The guy got actually banned)

So not a good thing but also not new...

I've seen people presenting a (simple) synth for FREE and being insulted for the audacity to waste people's time with this junk. These guys probably spend weeks working on it.
no it's not new and I hope it's clear I try to make a difference...which I guess can be reflected in the new massive x thread. Sadly my use of the word burden was exploited to make a faulty judgment but the truth is I do care a lot about this place, sure wish we had something like this when I was young...I would like to keep it a strong resource for all...not a place to get beat up because you were wrong, made a mistake or are just ignorant on a subject.
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Stefken
KVRAF
1709 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:45 am

We appreciate the work you do Hink. :tu:

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
29741 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:59 am

ty guys :)
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

User avatar
ReboundAudio
KVRist
167 posts since 20 Jan, 2019 from Germany

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:05 pm

For me, a good place is, where people can say what they think without the need to get personal or insult. As long as we can have this democracy all is fine for me. :tu:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 10.1 64bit / Reason 10

elassi
KVRAF
2233 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Stefken wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
I remember the first week I was here, I said something about the Prophet 5 being a boring synth.
I was insulted like I was never insulted in my life before. (The guy got actually banned)
Know what's frequently happening in a cooking(!) board I used to visit? Endless debates and arguments, followed by bans, about ingredients belonging to a soup, meal or whatever. :D

Being tired of this I only use the recipe data base of this board, but since one can comment on the recipes (like in a blog) you imagine what's happening there, too: endless debates and arguments... :D

AnX
KVRAF
5745 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:16 pm

Hink wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:16 am
Stefken wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am
For those that don't know the synth. These are the original skins, provided by the developer.

Recognise anything?
yes I do...has anyone gone back and checked the original post?

At anytime was there ever a link to buy this? (dont bother there wasn't because I was going to remove it after the second post)
unless you have permission from the original GUI designer/Synapse Audio, you cannot even distribute this for free

chk071
KVRAF
22457 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Stefken wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:30 am
I remember the first week I was here, I said something about the Prophet 5 being a boring synth.
I was insulted like I was never insulted in my life before.
You know, it's sometimes not what you say, but, how you say it. Like... comparing Massive X to a Fiat car, or saying that it caused your wrist strain.

User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
29741 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Re: do you like this Dune 3 skin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:28 pm

seriously? Youre gonna start shit about a different thread here and one thats going very well?
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

Return to “Instruments”