Cableguys ShaperBox 2.0.1 update (resizable UI + more)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fil-Il wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:37 pm I at all refused from this found the other substitute for,easier steep )))
What?

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:15 am Regarding 2: I see no benefit in VST 3, besides sidechain routing in Cubase - but hey, they could easily allow it for VST 2.
Nobody does, yet almost every plugin developer releases or updates their plugins to also include VST3. :wink:

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:47 pm
Fil-Il wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:37 pm I at all refused from this found the other substitute for,easier steep )))
What?
Devious Machines--Duck

e@rs wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:21 pm
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:15 am Regarding 2: I see no benefit in VST 3, besides sidechain routing in Cubase - but hey, they could easily allow it for VST 2.
Nobody does, yet almost every plugin developer releases or updates their plugins to also include VST3. :wink:
The thing is, with the VST2 SDK not available for licensing anymore, more and more new developers will only have access to VST3 development, thus more and more VST3 only plugins will surface, which will of course have a impact on the compatibility in hosts as well, i.e. some DAW's will surely go VST3 only in future versions.

Kind of like 32-bit, VST2 is surely bound to disappear at some point.

We recently took a look at ShaperBox 2 and it's definitely an interesting package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K5cjzGtBBw

When it comes to similar offerings out there, this is definitely the most thorough set out there - providing a nice world to tackle and work in.
Take care :wink:

What about more presets expansions

e@rs wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:21 pm
One of the bigger benefits of VST3 for myself is the ability to see the actual parameter values when using automation. Apparently vst2 also supports this but i haven't seen any vst2 plugin integrate this feature.

Any chance of any more add ons for shaperbox? Would love to see some phaser/flangers and a distortion!

Mik_lo wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:44 pm Any chance of any more add ons for shaperbox? Would love to see some phaser/flangers and a distortion!
We don't comment on upcoming releases – but we do indeed have more Shapers planned for ShaperBox :wink:

For the specific effects you mention in regard to the current ShaperBox 2 release:

We added Phasers with ShaperBox 2, inside FilterShaper Core 2 :tu: There are Peak and Notch varieties, with 2/4/6/8 peaks/notches. Like other filters in FSC2, they are zero-delay feedback, and have internal saturation and resonance compensation – in other words, they sound fat, juicy and awesome, even when you modulate them like crazy :o

You can create chorus/flanger effects using TimeShaper's Fine Mode and setting a dry/wet Mix (50% gives the most obvious effect). If you are really adventurous, you can also modulate the Haas delays in PanShaper 3 to create chorus/flanger-like FX! You can hear both techniques in the "Chorus Analog 1" preset.

Here is a video guide on how it's done: https://www.instagram.com/p/CB5nx86jrl4/

For further examples of phaser/flanger FX in ShaperBox, try searching the Preset Library for "phase" or "flange". And check out the "Fluid Flow" Preset Pack – it's full of modulated swooshing FX.

For distortion, CrushShaper's Crunch is a type of very aggressive distortion – try taming it using multiband, the built-in LP low-pass filter, and the FX Mix and Mix controls.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by Lee / Cableguys on Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

damayor wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:23 pm What about more presets expansions
We release new presets regularly via the built-in Cableguys Preset Cloud! Please Sync your preset library (button in the upper right, or via Main Menu>Sync Presets) to download the latest presets, then click the >> button to go to the end of the list and see the latest additions.

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:55 pm
Mik_lo wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:44 pm Any chance of any more add ons for shaperbox? Would love to see some phaser/flangers and a distortion!
We don't comment on upcoming releases – but we do indeed have more Shapers planned for ShaperBox :wink:
This is really cool, I suggested adding Pitchshaper just a few hours ago :)
About Shaperbox in general, I think it's a terrific plugin concept.

If I may request something, it's a royal sin that the filters can'be used without modulation, I mean with no internal envelopes and LFO but with cutoff and resonance directly automatable from the DAW.
Unless I'm missing something (but I see it at some extent logical considering the plugin design) this cannot be done currently. But it would be so cool being able to do so...
...for example, just with a "max" freq for the filters and resolution modulation range and the exposure of these to the DAW.
In this way one could set a flat LFO and just "play" with the "max" values in the DAW to ride the filter as desired.
Just an idea, but it would be so nice to have these awesome filters at complete disposal...

- Mario

Ah. Beautiful. Thanks for that and looking forward to what you've got planned!

Distortion? Have you checked CrushShaper already?

- Mario

Yeah. I was thinking more along the lines of waveshaping, clipping thingy

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:10 pm We release new presets regularly via the built-in Cableguys Preset Cloud! Please Sync your preset library (button in the upper right, or via Main Menu>Sync Presets) to download the latest presets, then click the >> button to go to the end of the list and see the latest additions.
Just went from 35 pages to 153 (!) pages - that's close to 2000 presets! :o

Return to “Effects”