TOYBOX - the new modular toolkit for Reaktor Racks, with free pack!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I replaced the folders with the new folders, but don't see the version increment when I open Native Access. For all the packs the version stays at 1.0.0.

Have I missed something?

I replaced the folders with the new folders, but don't see the version increment when I open Native Access. For all the packs the version stays at 1.0.0.
That's fine, if you simply replace the folders then the version number in Native Access wont change, but it's not a problem, you can just ignore that.

(If you are installing the packs for the first time or if you move the folders to a new location and force Native Access to do a 'repair' then after that it will show 1.1.0 correctly..)

OK, just checking I hadn’t missed a step. Thanks

Loving the V1.1 update!

I bought the synthpack and designers pack last night and they are both very high quality. I have no clue how to get the polyphonic stuff working though. It would have been great to have a sample rack to show how to connect the polyphonic blocks together.

Loving the V1.1 update!
Brilliant!
I have no clue how to get the polyphonic stuff working though
Yes I need to do a tutorial, there's a bit of info on the website..

I figured it out thanks. I just needed my morning coffee :)

I do look forward to more tutorials though

Is it me or are there less racks in the update?

Would love to see more racks, I'm no DSP expert so there's lots in Toybox I never use, but once I'm shown the way I'm happy to run off and do my own thing. :)

poetd wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:21 pm Is it me or are there less racks in the update?
Yes a few of the racks were removed in V1.1 for compatibility
poetd wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:21 pmWould love to see more racks, I'm no DSP expert so there's lots in Toybox I never use, but once I'm shown the way I'm happy to run off and do my own thing. :)
We are working on some new demo Racks which will be available on the website soon, including some racks demonstrating the new sequencer blocks in the V1.1 update and the Synth Bundle.

Also looking into a good place for Reaktor users to share Patch & Play rack presets. Any suggestions for a good site for this?

Maybe a dedicated area on KVR? or this site? --> https://www.audiobombs.com/

Hi David, regarding the patch exchange area: I would recommend *not* using a forum for this, as this will mean that you have to go through multiple pages to find what you are looking for. Yes, you can search the forums here at KvR, but it's sometimes really painful if you look for a specific post in the market place etc. ... A dedicated exchange platform that is searchable and offers tagging functions would be more appropriate IMHO. Indeed, setting up a good tagging system based on things like rack/instrument type, used modules, sound characteristics and usage area/musical type might be highly relevant, and potentially also a recommendation system (votes/likes). Not sure whether Audiobombs offers that, as I only have used it one or two times so far. Just my 50 cc. TQ

David@TOYBOX wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:14 am
We are working on some new demo Racks which will be available on the website soon, including some racks demonstrating the new sequencer blocks in the V1.1 update and the Synth Bundle.

Also looking into a good place for Reaktor users to share Patch & Play rack presets. Any suggestions for a good site for this?

Maybe a dedicated area on KVR? or this site? --> https://www.audiobombs.com/
Sweet, look forward to more demo racks.
Have to admit I'm looking at some of these modules like "What the heck does this actually do?" :D
(I keep seeing you using the repeat sequencer, and I still don't get it, LOL).

Polyphonic Examples and documentation more than welcome!

ps, I'd be fine with a forum based area to get things going for user submits - if things really take off then look at something else then?

Sweet, look forward to more demo racks.
Have to admit I'm looking at some of these modules like "What the heck does this actually do?" :D
(I keep seeing you using the repeat sequencer, and I still don't get it, LOL).
Aha cool, I will do a video and some demo racks for the repeat sequencer block, it's actually one of the most fun of the sequencer blocks.. it's loosely based on this euro rack module:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV9-XA5MPwY

Native Instruments have added a new ‘Racks’ category to the Reaktor User Library so people can now easily share their own rack creations:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... d=[UNIQID]

I have posted a couple of racks already, this one uses the Toybox Free Pack blocks:

It’s a pretty simple drum machine patch that uses the Macro Preset block to modulate a bunch of parameters and effects with a single knob. To use it just hit play and then turn the big PRESET knob to jam on the different patterns and sounds.

The kick and snare sounds are played using a single instance of the ‘Drums’ block. The snare sound is selected using the ACCENT output port of the sequencer to modulate the SELECT knob on the block.

GET IT HERE -->

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... d=[UNIQID]
Last edited by David@TOYBOX on Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Most excellent, thank you David & NI - super helpful!

As long as user blocks can't be used in fpp racks , it doesn't matter how many so called templates N.I. uploads.
The online authorisation system for racks doesn't help either , it's now one year since the fpp release and imho things are looking bad ,the user library is bleeding out just because of this .
Afaik toybox and Hetrick are the only one supporting their (pseudo new ) platform , no news from the acl partnership ( audiophilecircuitsleague) , if they would open up the licensing scheme that allow ffp for user blocks in racks , things would revive .
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... at.363255/

N.I. has lost it since whoever is in charge of reaktor development
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”