Black Friday Sale: Rapid vs Nexus Vs Avenger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm Not to state the painfully obvious but it's possible to read about the CP method. :wink:
That´s not what you wrote... but anyway... :tu:

Trancit wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:27 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:18 pm Not to state the painfully obvious but it's possible to read about the CP method. :wink:
That´s not what you wrote... but anyway... :tu:
I can't help if you read it wrong. I checked the CP method before trying the sound of the demo. :P

Anyway I think I'll pick up Rapid. It's a nice synth and Parawave is a developer I can support. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hm, also watch out for CPU spikes of both synths (I only know Avenger), which are only viewable with a proper CPU usage monitor, e.g. the expanded one in Bitwig (double click the little cpu symbol). Since not the average CPU over a time frame is important in realtime processing, instead it is the peak value over a time frame. Most CPU meters in DAWs and synths are displaying this incorrectly (showing average instead). Think about it: There could be a peak of 100% over 1ms and the rest time frame of 7ms only 10%. Then the incorrect meter already shows 21,25% only (170 / 8 ), but it still produces a nasty audio dropout/crackle at that 100% cpu peak.

At least, this is how I understand it. Or is this wrong?

I'm in between Avenger and Rapid, was thinking about Nexus 3 but I'd like more edit control over presets.
Bitwig Studio 4, NI Maschine, Reason+, Studio One 5, FL Studio, Avenger, Omnisphere

Seems pretty obvious that Rapid is winning.

Anyone have the Output bundle or single programs? They seem really unique and high quality but very expensive

I bought Rapid and at 45% off (around $100)
isn't a bad price.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

I pulled the trigger too on Rapid...

Such a great synth... nearly impossible to make it sound bad... I love it!!

NatLife wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:08 pmHive :D
Did you get it?

It wasn't on sale on u-he website unless you had purchased an u-he product before november. But lucky me found yesterday an oficial dealer from ebay and got mines for $115 USD, so I'm very happy! :hyper:

RememberBeats wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:54 pm
NatLife wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:08 pmHive :D
Did you get it?

It wasn't on sale on u-he website unless you had purchased an u-he product before november. But lucky me found yesterday an oficial dealer from ebay and got mines for $115 USD, so I'm very happy! :hyper:
i got it from when the first version was just released, later just updated :) The synth is rocking!
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

What Rapid expansions are you guys buying? Hard to settle on a few

Hive is blown out of the water by the 3 instruments in question, IMHO. Different sound character. I'm not a fan of its sound.

GMusic wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:25 am Hive is blown out of the water by the 3 instruments in question, IMHO. Different sound character. I'm not a fan of its sound.
But at least it runs stable (which I can't say from Avenger or Nexus) and only has a simple serial/keyfile protection (other than the recent hassle with Avenger and Nexus). I'd meanwhile go for Rapid if it wasn't NFR. Updates seem well tested. Though it sounds very harsh imo.

At the end of the day, it's the sound that counts in the final product. At least, that's the most important to my ears anyway. And sound is personal preference too.

For those new users looking at expansions, here are a couple banks to consider as well, much cheaper than official XP's.

https://www.touch-the-universe.com/rapi ... -main.html
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Just Bought Rapid. Chalk me up for another vote for them.
I played with the Demo for a Few Days and Learned a good bit of the program and just straight up fell in love with it. Its to early to speak but It might be my Favorite VSTI ever made. Something in its design just Clicks with me, the developer is open and Likable, and Its' a Ball to Play with and make sounds that would take so much longer in other synth in Minutes because of that Layer mechanism. Would HIGHLY recommend it if anyones on the fence, I think the sale ends in 2 Days.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Return to “Instruments”