Free plugins : MMetronome and MCCGenerator

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
OhmAgar
KVRer
28 posts since 31 Dec, 2018

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Hi! A question regarding the MCCGenerator: When you assign a parameter to it so it get‘s modulated.. Are you able to change the „base position“ as in I have a cutoff set at 800 and slap the MCCGenerator on it to let it LFO from 800 to 1000.. WIll I be able to automate the base position to 1600(preferably with one „knob“) and still have an exact percentage or value that‘s being LFOed?
That‘s one of the problems I have with Abletons LFO for example - I‘d need to automate 2 values to get this result: „From %“ and „To %“.

I hope I am clear enough to convey what I want to achieve. If not say something and I‘ll try to make a video.

elassi
KVRAF
2296 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Re: Free plugins : MMetronome and MCCGenerator

Post Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:24 pm

OhmAgar wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:09 pm
Are you able to change the „base position“ as in I have a cutoff set at 800 and slap the MCCGenerator on it to let it LFO from 800 to 1000.. WIll I be able to automate the base position to 1600(preferably with one „knob“) and still have an exact percentage or value that‘s being LFOed?
Guess you want this, right?

Left hand side is the modulating parameter, right hand side the result. Depth (or amount in other terms) is always 20% while the base value is changing.

Note that you can modulate the "Value" knob (left hand side) itself, let's say by a sine LFO, so the whole process is automated. Or you choose to modulate it manually with a knob on your hardware MIDI controller.

OhmAgar
KVRer
28 posts since 31 Dec, 2018

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:52 am

elassi wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:24 pm
OhmAgar wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:09 pm
Are you able to change the „base position“ as in I have a cutoff set at 800 and slap the MCCGenerator on it to let it LFO from 800 to 1000.. WIll I be able to automate the base position to 1600(preferably with one „knob“) and still have an exact percentage or value that‘s being LFOed?
Guess you want this, right?

Left hand side is the modulating parameter, right hand side the result. Depth (or amount in other terms) is always 20% while the base value is changing.

Note that you can modulate the "Value" knob (left hand side) itself, let's say by a sine LFO, so the whole process is automated. Or you choose to modulate it manually with a knob on your hardware MIDI controller.

DAMN! Thanks! That is pretty much exactly what I want.
It‘s getting much moar psychedelic now <3

Chandlerhimself
KVRian
1245 posts since 19 Dec, 2013 from Japan

Post Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:08 am

Here is a quick video I made showing the basics of how to use MMetronome and MCCGenerator
https://youtu.be/09R-XsVP1UM

zoidkirb
KVRist
73 posts since 9 Jun, 2019

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:31 am

This is really nice for free. I really wanna unlock those modulators though. Ahh still two days left to decide if the rest of the free pack is worth it on sale as I've never used and of the other free ones yet.

Compyfox
KVRAF
14362 posts since 19 Oct, 2003 from Berlin, Germany

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:48 am

You can't access the modulators in the free version? I've honestly never noticed that. If that is the case, man is this not really positive advertising, as this is (IMO) the most essential feature for MCCGenerator.

In fact...
Melda Production - Free Bundle Upgrade Info wrote: The software is totally free of charge, so please download and enjoy! You should consider upgrading to a professional version though, as this is what you would get:
  • You can change size and style of the plugins.
  • You can access the sonogram feature in the analyzers and equalizers.
  • You can manipulate (save, load, organise) your own presets.
  • Most plugins can perform upsampling which minimizes aliasing, therefore it is useful to improve sound quality.
  • The plugins will not display the big red reminder box with our clickable logo at the bottom of every GUI.
  • You will make us happy and help us develop more free software ;-).
Nothing mention about unlocking modulators, yet they are highly advertised on the plugin pages.

I've recently upgraded (finally) to the "Pro" version, since I got more than annoyed at this point for not being able to save presets and being restricted regarding the UI size. I'd need to check prior to activating the license if the modulators are still "locked away" in "Free".

elsassi is way more active than I am, he might clear this riddle way faster.
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ]

elassi
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:33 am

No idea about the restrictions since I'm a bundle owner.

But yep, without the modulators this plugin doesn't make sense at all.

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2808 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:22 am

Unlocking the full feature set of the free fx is totally worth it. They are useful on their own but all the Melda stuff really gets fun when you start modulating. Also the adjustable oversampling is really nice on the waveshaper and such.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

joyneski
KVRer
4 posts since 23 Jun, 2016

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:22 pm

What's the slowest LFO speed in hz this can produce? Slower than Midishaper's 0.020?

I'm into very slow LFO speeds...

David
KVRian
1455 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 pm

joyneski wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:22 pm
What's the slowest LFO speed in hz this can produce? Slower than Midishaper's 0.020?

I'm into very slow LFO speeds...
When not synced, the lowest setting is 0.0010.

When synced you can set it to 128/1 and multiply that from 1 to 64.

SeeingInMidi
KVRist
385 posts since 2 Aug, 2013

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Really wish studio one supported midi routing so i can take advantage of this...

zoidkirb
KVRist
73 posts since 9 Jun, 2019

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:02 pm

the full version of mccgenerator is working great here in cubase, modulators and all. any vst that has a 'learn cc' function is super easy to set up, but any parameters that don't, well the only way i got them modulating was via the rather clunky midi loopback system. ok, now to explore the rest of these updated freebies.....

joyneski
KVRer
4 posts since 23 Jun, 2016

Post Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:39 pm

David wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 pm
joyneski wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:22 pm
What's the slowest LFO speed in hz this can produce?
When not synced, the lowest setting is 0.0010.

When synced you can set it to 128/1 and multiply that from 1 to 64.
Many (belated) thanks. Already spent my budget for this BF so not sure I'm going to jump on this right now, but will definitely keep an eye out for future sales. 😊

Dufay
KVRist
31 posts since 22 Feb, 2004

Post Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:45 am

Someone asked this, but I didn't see an answer (nor in the manual)..My question is, can you manually set the tempo / time signature, or is it locked to host?

elassi
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:50 am

Locked to host (synced) or free. See tab called "RATE" in the modulator's settings.

Return to “Effects”