2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:33 pm and how to stop the cats pissing on the mouthpiece?
The trombone I'm returning was fun to use as a cat piss fueled super soaker.
Buy b-stock at Thomann, folks!

Just ordered some rack FX for my setup I'm done with synths for a long time now.
  • TC Electronic D-Two
    TC Electronic M-One XL
    Lexicon MX400
Mainly want to use these on my mono synths x2 Circuit Mono stations and a Behringer MS-1

Haven't purchased a mixer yet however for now I'll grab a Behringer Xenyx QX2442USB has plenty ins/outs for my gear.

PS

Anyone use the TC D-Two? Got quite a bargain at £161 brand new

Nothing in 2019 except an Arturia Keystep (black) in addition to the white one I had already. Maybe I'll buy an Osmose in 2020 once they have an actual production version.

Some hardware for me ... Hydrasynth, Volca Modular, Uno Drum, Microfreak,Td 30kv kit.

Upgrade to Kontakt 6
A Fractal Audio Axe FX 3
A set of Yamaha HS8s
And Wavesfactory Cassette
Wow that's it

:borg:

^ Snazzy! Careful, I can see you getting into video synthesis via modular. A completely additional
Eurorack realm. :tu:

o.O 1500 USD for an empty case!

That's about what I paid for XDJ-RX, which is full standalone DJ console and also the most expensive thing I ever bough.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

A top tier travel case for eurorack is expensive. The top end of the Pro series MDLRcase will run
you quite a bit more than that.

I heard they stopped making those tiptop cases actually, looks like maybe they started up again,
or maybe they have some left in stock at moog.

A few weeks ago, I bought Massive (not X) and Kontakt during the NI Black Friday sale. I added the Retro Machines and Kontakt Factory Library sounds to it.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Massive comes in hardware form now? :hihi:

foosnark wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:10 pm Massive comes in hardware form now? :hihi:
well it's really called Bassive... Behringer clone ofc. :hihi:

Well the last hardware thing I bought was a Casio CT-X3000, and a flash drive to store styles. A few months ago. I'm looking to get into playing viola and sax and accordion.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

2 days ago I ordered an Analog 4 MKII and today I treat myself to the Analog Rytm MII... That's my Christmas present to myself.
I'm thinking these 2 will add some nice House/Techno sound to my setup.

rob_lee wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:47 pm
Haven't purchased a mixer yet however for now I'll grab a Behringer Xenyx QX2442USB has plenty ins/outs for my gear.

PS

Anyone use the TC D-Two? Got quite a bargain at £161 brand new
Hey Rob ... have you checked out Soundcraft mixers. This one does 14 in 12 out over USB, and has Lexicon FX ...

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Li ... h-USB/18EK

:)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”