What's the final word regarding NI Battery 4 functionalities vs Battery 3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I remember that when Battery 4 came out, some features from Battery 3 were missing. Is this still the case today?

In Battery 3, I use a lot the Setup tab (esp. Voice Groups, Articulation, Echo, Humanize), the Modulation tab and the Effects tab. Is all this available in Battery 4?

Also, is it as easy and convenient in B4 to browse sounds/samples and hear them in context, as it is in B3?

Thanks!

There are four humanize controls in B3 and only two in B4. Battery 3 comes with acoustic and electronic kits whereas i think B4 is all electronic kits. There’s a few more effects in B4 i think (buss compression).
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Thanks. Less possibilities of Humanization in B4, that's bad.

There is buss compression on the master bus in B3; is it now on every busses in B4?

I don't mind about the sound library coming with B3 or B4. However, I'm curious to know if B4 can open B3 kits?

Yes you get compression on every bus. You can also sidechain busses by a cell, which B3 couldn't do.

B4 can open B3 kits, there's a built in conversion utility. Some features won't properly translate, though (the missing ones, like note repeat etc.)

Regarding humanization, it's just made simpler. It still covers the parameters B3 did, but with less tweaks necessary.

Thanks EvilDragon, very useful bits of info.

By 'note repeat', I guess you're talking about the Echo feat. on the Setup tab. Is there a list somewhere with every differences between the two version listed?

Has Battery 4 "In Kit Preview" of samples, as have Battery 3?

I can't find it in B4 Manual.

Widowsky wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:09 pm Thanks EvilDragon, very useful bits of info.

By 'note repeat', I guess you're talking about the Echo feat. on the Setup tab. Is there a list somewhere with every differences between the two version listed?
No, echo is something else. That dies eventually, note repeat will repeat the note you're playing at regular intervals for as long as you're holding it. That was in B3, but not in B4.

Ah yes I see now, the Note Retrigger function, also on the Setup tab.

Return to “Instruments”