Latency Issue on i9

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have the latest cpu on a laptop.

Latency mon shows my computer is good to go but I can't even run Virus TI Snow on this machine because I can't get ASIO to go lower than 512 samples on my scarlett 2i4. I can barely get 512 on my stock windows driver though, which is very weird.

latency.png

This is a 3500 machine and the latency is bullshit!! Tf can I test this more accurately.

Is the bottleneck the scarlett perhaps? But seriously though, even with it, I should still get decent latency with this cpu.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Thanks. That was frustrating because I wasn't able to do any of those besides disable c state, which seems to have an effect. I can get down to 480 samples, though not sure if its actually related.

The best latency is using generic asio and I'm getting 10 ms buffer with 20 ms latency. Is that good?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Wowh! Hold the horses, I'm getting buffer at 64 samples now!! It won't even let me get lower than this :lol:

cpu.png

All I did was disable c state!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TTU Youtube

cpuv.png

TTU Youtube

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”