Reaktor Skrewell alternatives / similar VST’s

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks

Wondering, is there any VST synth alternatives similar to the strange Skrewell ensemble found in Reaktor? Something that can create chaotic wall of noises and generate wild oscillators that quickly get out hand of hand? :D

Thanks!
Last edited by Neon Breath on Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

I always thought Metaphysical Function was like Skrewell light.
You might search the user library. There are at least a few mutation of both of those.
ImageImageImageImage

I'm curious to see if there's something comparable in the plugin/VST realm, not another Reaktor ensemble similar to it...

UA Lion

Audio Voltage wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:21 am UA Lion
That's quite an interesting suggestion. Didn't expect that.

Neon Breath wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:49 am plugin/VST realm
Oop sorry, I automatically was thinking Reaktor cuz it seems like 90% of the stuff in this kind of sound category seems to come from Reaktor.
One recent interesting drone vst I played with was Lancinantes.
It might be a little more tame that what you are after, but it makes some really thick distinctive droney stuff.
ImageImageImageImage

Running sound through Permut8, with lots of automation of the parameters and “bits” - gets insane pretty quick

Like Metaphysical Function it is a very personal form of sound design/instrument design. You need to do it yourself or get the original...
You will need some sort of modular environment for it. Cheapest is VCV rack...
Bitwigs Grid inspires to that sort of thingy as well...

I created a big thread last year which contains a large set of Reaktor ensembles... so although not VST. It's worth checking out if you have Reaktor.

The Essential Reaktor Tube - (Reviews - Links, Screenshots & Videos) & Free Patches

Otherwise, there is this VST, which is available as a version from Computer Music Magazine.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/cumulus-by-loomer
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

andrewbrewer wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:23 pm Permut8
Shhh!! :scared:
ImageImageImageImage

there is really nothing outside reaktor that is like skrewell, at least not right out of the box like a dedicated vsti. as was mentioned, you can do it with vcv rack or some other modular environment...but why? reaktor has it all set up for you already.

theres also plenty of other similar (but different) reaktor ensembles...and id say if you are interested in that kind of thing...then reaktor is king on all fronts anyway and a no brainer.

my personal favorites are the various tg-8h ensembles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7msJtyUM9A
ImageImageImage

i preferred rachmiels mutation.
was slightly more controllable.

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:10 pm i preferred rachmiels mutation.
was slightly more controllable.
love rachmiels stuff. i have most of them, but cant seem to find that one...got a link?

are rachmiel, rick scott, and cal scott all the same person? because they all make similarly crazy ensembles...and well...scott

also the tg-8h live is decently controllable, as are a few others. at least as controllable as i personally would want something like that to be. wouldnt want to have too much say over what its doing...would kinda ruin the point. :D
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:55 pm
are rachmiel, rick scott, and cal scott all the same person? because they all make similarly crazy ensembles...and well...scott
The first two I believe are, and I have always wondered about that third...
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”