WusicStation9/Sampletank3 Owner : Do I need Kontact 6?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I own Wusikstation 9 and Sampletank 3.
Want to take advantage of the sales, but do not know if I should upgrade to sampletank 4 or just buy Kontakt 6.
Or maybe, I have nothing much to gain with what I already have.
Also have synthmaster 2.9.
Opinions anyone?
Thanks

While there are some factory libraries that come with Kontakt, the real value in Kontakt is in being able to use 3rd party libraries. As you don't have any, and getting some will add yet more expense, given what you have, Kontakt 6 isn't going to really add that much on its own.

My opinion. I have no doubt many will disagree with it.

FWIW, I am a Kontakt owner but I also have tons of 3rd party libraries, thus making it a must have for me.

YMMV

Hi,

of course this could be only my 2 cents but these are WORLDS apart.

If you are content for your music/workflow with what you can get out of them, stay with it, maybe think about sampletank 4 (and the actual wusik groupbuy which will give you wusikstation 10 when its ready and a lot more).

If you are looking for worlds outside this small garden of - in the end - a rompler (sampletank) and a great, unique but very special sampler - wusikstation - there is NO getting around kontakt in my opinion.

You can of course as a sample tank fan MAYBE discuss kontakt 6 factory library and sampletank 4 but NOT the additional existing libraries out there. Meanwhile you really have lot of synthfunctionallity in kontakt 6 (not to talk about the included play synths) but the real difference is really the world of existing libraries for kontakt. Of course the higher prized ones have mostly a kontakt player compatibility but not all.

I would really take a look at the different package offers from NI, for example something that gives you reaktor included and you get another world full of experimental synth stuff mostly free in here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/de/r ... r-library/

But, of course, it depends really on your needs. Dont buy something just cause its on sale. If for example Wusikstation fullfilss your need to 90 % the actual groupbuy deal for 50 buck might give you the rest you need.

Having had all three, I'd recommend not buying Kontakt and dumping Wusik and IK-M.

What they all truly have in common are being wallet leeches.

I still have Kontakt. I just avoid wasting anymore on it. (Libraries are NFR.) And also avoid using until I have to.

And much happier and more productive without Wusik and IK-STank.

royalmusic wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:36 pm Hi,
I own Wusikstation 9 and Sampletank 3.
Want to take advantage of the sales, but do not know if I should upgrade to sampletank 4 or just buy Kontakt 6.
Or maybe, I have nothing much to gain with what I already have.
Also have synthmaster 2.9.
Opinions anyone?
Thanks
Id recommend to first answer the question: why do i need Kontakt? :)

BBFG# wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:33 pm Having had all three, I'd recommend not buying Kontakt and dumping Wusik and IK-M.
So you don't recommend any sampler?

ScottZ wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:24 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:33 pm Having had all three, I'd recommend not buying Kontakt and dumping Wusik and IK-M.
So you don't recommend any sampler?
Depends on what your using them for. Since these three are used more as "sample players" and less as samplers, it becomes a question of what instruments you're actually trying to use. And how often you need them.

Mainly, I wouldn't recommend any of these companies as very trustworthy at the time being. Their policies are constantly in flux and often in controversy here.
At least Kontakt is considered a "standard". Which in itself, means little to anything, but still a great sales ploy.
But as said by others, its best libraries come from other companies. So expect to pay premium prices for NFR licenses.

For myself, HALion has been the best so far. And when I'm working with my own samples, it's most often with Iris 1.

But again, I can only stress the question of what and how it's to be used in the first place. And second, how much time and money you're willing to commit to them.

Return to “Instruments”