Using single cycles a modulation source/lfo.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently I was told by a friend about a vst fx that uses a single cycle wav as a mod source. Effectively using the waveform as an lfo. Unfortunately, he couldn't remember what it was. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

Im sure there are many, but one that instantly comes to mind is Atlantis.

In Atlantis, any WAV that can be loaded into the audio oscillators can be loaded into the LFOs as well, so whatever you put in your 'Chips' folder (the folder where you put your own samples) can be used for both.

Works great and allows for rather unusual modulation patterns because it can go far beyond the standard Sine Triangle Saw Square stuff.

ENV1 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:56 pm Im sure there are many, but one that instantly comes to mind is Atlantis.

In Atlantis, any WAV that can be loaded into the audio oscillators can be loaded into the LFOs as well, so whatever you put in your 'Chips' folder (the folder where you put your own samples) can be used for both.

Works great and allows for rather unusual modulation patterns because it can go far beyond the standard Sine Triangle Saw Square stuff.
I remember using Atlantis back in the day. It was cool at the time. Something a bit more recent and more along the effects route would be more my thing. You're quite right, flexibility of lfos is the main advantage with this approach, my main reason for this enquiry.
Musicmaker: "I'm playing all the right notes, but not neccesarily in the right order" Eric Morecame : Comedy Bhoddisatva

Return to “Effects”