Whats your favorite "sub" adding plugin (bx_subsynth, lo-air, Submarine etc..) ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was looking at bx_subsynth on Black friday, its been as low as $29 in the past, but its stuck right up there at $149.
Anyway, I know there are other options like Waves Submarine, Lo-Air etc.
(I'm trying to keep to my vow of not buying anymore Waves stuff though ;) )
I do have Izotopes exciter already, and wonder if that does a similar job of adding enough harmonics to the low end.

Anyway, any of you guys got a recommendation of a sub plugin that you've found does the job for you?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

MBassador is my goto (It May be 50% off). Lo air is pretty okay as well for a simple solution, but the fact that Mabassador does bass enhancement along with generating sub content makes it a quicker fix. For really messed up mixes I use mxxx and a combo of transient designers, oscillators and envelope followers. Really though I try to just compose the music with enough sub bass in there in the first place.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

You could check out some of the Air Windows plugins that do this. E.g. DubSub and DubCenter, Fathom 5, Basskit.

chocolate or burgers
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Renaissance Bass still does the job for me.

Highpass the synth and add a low octave of sine pulse or triangle wave with other synth

Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:56 pm MBassador is my goto
Hmm, this might be my first Melda plugin buy...maybe

MasterTuner wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:08 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:56 pm MBassador is my goto
Hmm, this might be my first Melda plugin buy...maybe
Will probably be selling mine :tu:

Nasty LF
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Did a thorough test some time ago (both free and commercial plugins) and ended with BX_Subsynth. It works best for my needs and taste. Though I also have MBassador but honestly I never touched, read: used it.

MasterTuner wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:32 pm I was looking at bx_subsynth on Black friday, its been as low as $29 in the past, but its stuck right up there at $149.
Anyway, I know there are other options like Waves Submarine, Lo-Air etc.
(I'm trying to keep to my vow of not buying anymore Waves stuff though ;) )
I do have Izotopes exciter already, and wonder if that does a similar job of adding enough harmonics to the low end.

Anyway, any of you guys got a recommendation of a sub plugin that you've found does the job for you?
I´m selling my bx_subsynth for $29. I´m ok just with Ren Bass and LoAir.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:22 pm I´m selling my bx_subsynth for $29. I´m ok just with Ren Bass and LoAir.
I think there is also a license transfer fee with bx, right?
With Ren Air, is that psycho-acoustic, meaning that it just give you the "impression" that its adding more low frequencies?

Check out Voxengo LF Max Punch. Doesn't look as fancy but it's very nice and has pretty good tracking.

it's also prolly cheapest
Last edited by Ploki on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

escalona wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:22 pm
I´m selling my bx_subsynth for $29. I´m ok just with Ren Bass and LoAir.
doens't rbass add upper harmonics, not subs? so, the opposite of sub enhancer

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:43 pm Highpass the synth and add a low octave of sine pulse or triangle wave with other synth
sure works well for audio

Return to “Effects”