Can i sell KORG plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I own the Korg Legacy collection of plugins and i don't really use them. I was wondering if it's possible to sell them? I can't find any info about transferring licenses on their website and i'm not sure how this would work with them being on eLicenser. Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks!

No, you can't.

Watch theses answers on Korg's FAQ:

Can I refund a purchase? – KORG app Help Center

Can I transfer the license to my friend? – KORG app Help Center

A solution has been suggested on this KVR thread (on the second post):

Korg legacy Collection license is not transferable - KVR Audio

Myself I wouldn't sell my Korg collection for anything in the world. They are all part of my favorite software synths, as well as their hardware synths since forever (1977 for me).

But it also depends on the style of music one makes, and I understand that Korg is not widely used in many current genres.

Perhaps the best would be to try the suggestion proposed in the second post of the thread I mentioned above. If it doesn't work you just refund your buyer, hence anybody don't loose anything as the account remains active and all Korg's plugins being activated by online activation (challenge / response) linked to the account whatever the name which is set as proprietary in the account.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

probably but I doubt anyone would buy them

BlackWinny wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:50 pm No, you can't.

Watch theses answers on Korg's FAQ:

Can I refund a purchase? – KORG app Help Center

Can I transfer the license to my friend? – KORG app Help Center

A solution has been suggested on this KVR thread (on the second post):

Korg legacy Collection license is not transferable - KVR Audio

Myself I wouldn't sell my Korg collection for anything in the world. They are all part of my favorite software synths, as well as their hardware synths since forever (1977 for me).

But it also depends on the style of music one makes, and I understand that Korg is not widely used in many current genres.

Perhaps the best would be to try the suggestion proposed in the second post of the thread I mentioned above. If it doesn't work you just refund your buyer, hence anybody don't loose anything as the account remains active and all Korg's plugins being activated by online activation (challenge / response) linked to the account whatever the name which is set as proprietary in the account.
Thanks a lot for your help! I think i'll just hold onto them. I wouldn't like to buy plugins by taking over someones account so i'd probably have trouble selling them, as Kinh has mentioned.

They are cool plugins but i just find i always replace them in my projects when i'm finishing a track. I think it's because i'm just waiting for Korg to discontinue them and stop supporting them.

Thanks again for the answers guys :tu:

One more thing i wanted to ask. Are Korg plugins no longer tied to an eLicenser dongle? I bought these years ago and they came with a dongle but i just tried using them without the dongle plugged in and they seem to be working :?

No, I've never used any dongle with Korg's plugins. I bought my full software collection in 2013 and they already were with simple challenge/response, without any dongle.

Also... in January 2018, Korg asked their users to transfer their account from Korguser to Korg ID (don't worry, the Korguser account is not lost) and with the same email address to allow Korg to make automatically (it may take several hours) the link between the two accounts, the old one and the new one. Did you ?

It is in this new account (at Korg ID) that the new versions are downloadable.

If you never created it, make it. It is here:
KORG ID | Sign Up

But if you already created it, check what is downloadable in your account here:
KORG ID | Your registered products
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

hey Black Winny, thanks for posting those links.

It reminded me to login after a year, I forgot I had all those bonus sounds to download!

You cant sell individual plugins, but you can sell your whole account, giving the new owner your account ID and password. Not sure if Korg approve of this, but I've seen it a lot around here. :)

raiderpdog wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:24 pm hey Black Winny, thanks for posting those links.

It reminded me to login after a year, I forgot I had all those bonus sounds to download!
:tu:

BlackWinny wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:55 pm No, I've never used any dongle with Korg's plugins. I bought my full software collection in 2013 and they already were with simple challenge/response, without any dongle.

Also... in January 2018, Korg asked their users to transfer their account from Korguser to Korg ID (don't worry, the Korguser account is not lost) and with the same email address to allow Korg to make automatically (it may take several hours) the link between the two accounts, the old one and the new one. Did you ?

It is in this new account (at Korg ID) that the new versions are downloadable.

If you never created it, make it. It is here:
KORG ID | Sign Up

But if you already created it, check what is downloadable in your account here:
KORG ID | Your registered products
Yes, i transferred my account to Korg ID back in 2018 but i don't remember there being any mention of the plugins no longer needed the eLicenser to work. Good to know they're not tied to that anymore. I'm trying to get rid of any plugins that use eLicenser.

Thanks a lot for your help mate! :tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:45 pm You cant sell individual plugins, but you can sell your whole account, giving the new owner your account ID and password. Not sure if Korg approve of this, but I've seen it a lot around here. :)
Good to know. Thanks for your help! :tu:

Yeah, I'd just hold on to that Korg Collection for now! Korg is busy updating the tiny GUIs so we can all enjoy our great, but somewhat dated software on modern monitors! Should be ready any day now!!! You can trust Korg software!!! :tu:

SciFiArtMan wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 am Yeah, I'd just hold on to that Korg Collection for now! Korg is busy updating the tiny GUIs so we can all enjoy our great, but somewhat dated software on modern monitors! Should be ready any day now!!! You can trust Korg software!!! :tu:
Thanks for the info mate! I'm definitely gonna hold onto these. Looking forward to the update though. Cheers! :tu:

SciFiArtMan wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 am Yeah, I'd just hold on to that Korg Collection for now! Korg is busy updating the tiny GUIs so we can all enjoy our great, but somewhat dated software on modern monitors! Should be ready any day now!!! You can trust Korg software!!! :tu:
Really? I mean are you serious? This is incredible news if so...Love the idea of seeing these things up close!

Return to “Instruments”