VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlackWinny wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:52 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:28 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:20 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:18 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:16 pm Yeah, that one too. What was wrong with Uno-LX or Uno-60?
Roland?
They have a patent for Uno too?
Probably not but they definitely have a reputation for going after smaller developers emulating post gear and have money to make legal threats a passion for them.
Actually I have never seen any printed trace of real sue from Roland about that, but only a general rumour. Reputations are sometimes very different of the reality.

The only thing that I have really seen was the patent protection of their ROMs and the protection of their model names, exactly written.

I would be very interested to get official links or documents showing objective elements about what they really protect. Not third parties affirmations.
:?:
Hence, my use of the term “reputations.”

Any case Roland has litigated in the US is a matter of public record. If you search, you should be able to determine this for yourself.

But wait. the most important thing! Why does the Uno-LX box beside the keyboard say "Master" but the equivalent box on the TAL-Bassline have no name! Doesn't he know the carnage this will cause to the OCD among us? :hihi:

perpetual3 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:09 pm Any case Roland has litigated in the US is a matter of public record. If you search, you should be able to determine this for yourself.
a matter of public record...
This... is simply yet another affirmation exactly as I told, friend.

I made searches, and I even spent a lot of time to search, and not only once but many times !... but I never found any real doc either from Roland themselves either from the sued parts either from courts. Always third parties affirmations, as this one.
:ud:

So again... Where can we find some documents proving that this is not a vast rumour ? Despite much research I have not yet found any. Not the slightest.
:help:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Roland forced Arturia to destroy their authentic Jupiter 8 user interface.

Arturia told it themselves ?

When and where, please ?

If I see the document or the message, then OK, I'll admit.

But in the meanwhile... I just wait with the same opinion.
:neutral:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:29 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:09 pm Any case Roland has litigated in the US is a matter of public record. If you search, you should be able to determine this for yourself.
a matter of public record...
This... is simply yet another affirmation exactly as I told, friend.

I made searches, and I even spent a lot of time to search, and not only once but many times !... but I never found any real doc either from Roland themselves either from the sued parts either from courts. Always third parties affirmations, as this one.
:ud:

So again... Where can we find some documents proving that this is not a vast rumour ? Despite much research I have not yet found any. Not the slightest.
:help:
My friend, all I’m saying, is that IF these cases exist, then searching the legal filings WILL bring them up. I myself have not done so. But, even you acknowledge they have a reputation. And my original answer was that perhaps the name change was made in response to this reputation. That is all.

BlackWinny wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:36 pm Arturia told it themselves ?

When and where, please ?

If I see the document or the message, then OK, I'll admit.

But in the meanwhile... I just wait with the same opinion.
:neutral:
Yes, Arturia told me.

I seems that I shall not get the answers here. As usual...

As long as I don't have the proofs, for me there is no difference between Roland's behavior and the other brands behavior. As usual. All I see I affirmations from third parties, again and again.

I'm not trying to defend Roland... I'm just trying to get out of this current level once and for all, which seems to be just a rumor. For the moment, I'm sorry, but I've NEVER yet seen the evidence, on any public access space available to citizens that could be prosecuted in the event of repetition by a similar case (that's what justice documents are for). And if someone has it... let him show it once and for all, and then we'll all really be fixed.

I contacted Arturia some time ago, asking what had happened to their formerly authentic user interface of their Jupiter 8 emulation. And they told me that they were forced by Roland to disfigure it. I remember because the now ugly user interface kept me from buying it.

If you want to keep sticking your head in the sand, that is your business...

^^^ I heard the same about Phoscyon (and maybe Abl2?), which is why it had to change to a different interface. Used to be much more 303 realistic.

But TAL seems to get away with it being pretty close.

Yeah, and if they were “cease and desist” they wouldn’t be public record.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 pm Agreed that the U-no-lx name is weird! ...
i'm assuming it's a play on "you know..." (??).

BlackWinny wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:36 pm Arturia told it themselves ?

When and where, please ?
no need to provide proof for the purely obvious, also with UVI and their UVX-3P/10P:

changed to this a few years ago:

It begins to become interesting, at last !

But... it's not yet enough to prove it. I'm still to get the evidences that these changes were on Roland requirements.

But it's at last a good start.

And I repeat : I'm not trying to defend Roland. I just want to get proofs of things that I still consider as rumours as long as there are not proofs shown publicly as things must be when it is about justice. It has a name : it is named objectivity.

Return to “Instruments”