Talking about Puremagnetik

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone using these? I just tested the bundle that came with Novation and gotta admit that they'll definitely have their use (at least if you're into lo-fi).

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:44 am Anyone using these? I just tested the bundle that came with Novation and gotta admit that they'll definitely have their use (at least if you're into lo-fi).
Yeah I also got that bundle through Novation and was messing about with them the other day. Must say they are not bad at all.
Last edited by Drew Lake on Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

I like how the plugins sound but when I installed Puremagnetik plugins, for some strange reason, when I launched other plugins (different developer) the GUI of Puremagnetik appeared. Very strange, I know. Then I decided to uninstalll Puremagnetik plugins.

UnbalancedBeats wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:47 pm I like how the plugins sound but when I installed Puremagnetik plugins, for some strange reason, when I launched other plugins (different developer) the GUI of Puremagnetik appeared. Very strange, I know. Then I decided to uninstalll Puremagnetik plugins.
Their original company name was Puremagik.
Then they have entered the net.
There are obviously some remains in the code...

If you liked the bundle don't miss the couple of freebie plugins (Driftmaker and Expanse) they have.
Image Image Image Image

Calenberger wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:08 pm
UnbalancedBeats wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:47 pm I like how the plugins sound but when I installed Puremagnetik plugins, for some strange reason, when I launched other plugins (different developer) the GUI of Puremagnetik appeared. Very strange, I know. Then I decided to uninstalll Puremagnetik plugins.
Their original company name was Puremagik.
Then they have entered the net.
There are obviously some remains in the code...
thanks for the historical remarks!

Expanse and Verv don't show up for me in plugin list in Bitwig. They also don't show in plugins errors. Anyone else have problems with these?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:19 pm Expanse and Verv don't show up for me in plugin list in Bitwig. They also don't show in plugins errors. Anyone else have problems with these?
They're not fx so please try the instruments tab.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:37 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:19 pm Expanse and Verv don't show up for me in plugin list in Bitwig. They also don't show in plugins errors. Anyone else have problems with these?
They're not fx so please try the instruments tab.
Oops, thanks!

got it for free, playing around with it now.

They all suck in my opinion and for the price they are asking its better to get something like Crystallizer by Soundtoys.

IMO they're good for creating ambience.. There might be better tools for the task but hey.. Free :D

They're very targeted on a certain sound so can sound a little cliched unless you're subtle and creative with them. The effects can add lovely texture to a sound but start dialling in the dirt/noise/whatever and you soon find it's a bit over the top.

I picked up a bunch of these when they were on sale for Black Friday. I like them. It's true that each effect has a narrow range in what it can do, but they're inexpensive and pretty useful if you want to quickly get a particular sound rather than building something from scratch in a more complex fx plugin. This is a matter of taste, but I also like that they're on the glitchy/extreme side of the fx spectrum.

Return to “Instruments”