N/M

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey jan, hope alls well.
ive been hearing reports of quakes and power outages. hope you're safe where you are :hug:

PG&E was predicting wind and hardcore fire which never happened and turned off 100s of thousands of people's power, and it's not like you just throw a switch to get it back on. I was in a hotel room in bed in SF when the bldg shook, not a great seismic factor but I felt it as much as any.

Tights was 2 afternoons in the library and I was almost done. Far from my original vision of it, but I think the bass clarinet counterpoint is pretty swell, particularly considering I basically just wrote notes from left to right.

glad you're safe 8)
sorry didn't reply sooner, been finally getting that granddaughter i was waiting on :D

will check tracks when im back in the studio 8)

Forget it
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

... ... ... ...
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What I want to say is a good argument for the inevitability or necessity for the occurrence. Which is absurd but, 'as if' there would be such a thing.
I have this stupid motif nagging me from back in Chaussettes, and I wanted a compelling reason to print it.

So I'ma full-on bump this now. It's a very slight composition, like a single statement such as a TV theme is sufficient.
BUT it f**king sounds good, particularly the drums. I got rather high last night and listened apart from Cubase and a work mindset and I couldn't get enough of it.

jancivil wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:52 pm What I want to say is a good argument for the inevitability or necessity for the occurrence. Which is absurd but, 'as if' there would be such a thing.
I have this stupid motif nagging me from back in Chaussettes, and I wanted a compelling reason to print it.

So I'ma full-on bump this now. It's a very slight composition, like a single statement such as a TV theme is sufficient.
BUT it f**king sounds good, particularly the drums. I got rather high last night and listened apart from Cubase and a work mindset and I couldn't get enough of it.
Hi Jan..
Although this will be the first time I have commented on your music, I have in fact listened to a few pieces...
even staying onto U_Tubby.
I am always fascinated... interesting can be such a cop out word... but they are interesting...

I have been listening to this thread... but just now heard the above post...
fantastic drums...

My only criticism>> too short... I could listen to much more...
however, I can imagine the amount of work that went into that...

BTW, I D/L for listening and if ok... to analyse.

Yeah, all along I'm saying it's far too brief. 'Insert 8 bars instead of 16.' m.o. Except there's not a lot of ideas to support, is there. It's time to do the next thing.
I just like it as a sensuous thing.

thank you

as to analysis, obvious idea is obvious, triplets inside triplets = 9-lets.
So most of it is, in broad strokes, 4/2 in the bass drum(s) with triplet whole notes fr. the timpani, while most of it feels like the bar is 2 bars of 3 due to what I did with the drum kits.

The payoff, the money shot of the picture, is at 1:21 where the naked 9 rules, at a tempo 5:4 per the main tempo.
So mainly an exercise in setting this up to really bring this feeling of the modulation.

So there's a sort of tectonics which I'm going to work with in a lot more detail. This is set in large block letters.
(And where the stupid line would tend to obtain some kind of context or sense.)

I listened to "Jade - A." Attractive and ominous. There's a ton of information packed into 95 seconds. Still it is very listenable even with the time signature complexity. The drums sound great. Keep going.

...and I thought Waltz was a Bond villain :dog:

Seriously good sounding percussion complete with dark atmospherics. Eastern European/middle eastern vibe.

Good work :)

Frantz wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 am I listened to "Jade - A." Attractive and ominous. There's a ton of information packed into 95 seconds. Still it is very listenable even with the time signature complexity. The drums sound great. Keep going.
Thanx

But except for the “money shot” bit, it’s all in 4
But for the last bar, 7/4 instead of 4/2 that is
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And the perspective for me tends to be 3 in feel

It’s not a waltz
Last edited by jancivil on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:09 pm Jaded - A
I listened to this one. Very intricate composition. Great stuff! The percussion kind of reminds me of rhumba fills found on old Dave Brubeck and Herb Albert records. It's a snapshot into another time and place.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Music Cafe”