Yikes, Omnisphere just crashed my whole computer...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A couple of thoughts, just general ones (in addition to those given above):

Run a Disk Check, and perhaps a Defrag.

Some apps hit the disk pretty hard, and, at times, any errors there can cause a complete crash.

I have had it crash occasionally when patch browsing, even in standalone. Not very common, but it has happened on this latest version at least... don't recall it ever doing it in older times.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Software crashes are stupidly common. OS crashes should NOT be. If software (not drivers) are crashing the OS, then the OS is not doing what it’s supposed to do. Or there’s a hardware/driver issue. I hate Windows, but the only time “software” definitely crashes it is when I’m playing games that overheat the GPU, the GPU crashes the video system, and the rotten baby that is Windows just restarts on me instead of restarting the graphics system.

I don’t know what else to suggest other than that which has been suggested. I’m not saying “it works for me, must be you/your computer”. It’s entirely possible that the host or the plugin are doing things the OS shouldn’t allow them to do, because that’s my life experience with Windows: it’s a brittle POS.

Which driver mode was the audio in? Are you using a native ASIO driver (does the chipset even have one of those?), ASIO4All, or the newer Windows audio API introduced in Vista?

If no other devices are attached, and you’re running only Windows-sourced drivers for all the integrated hardware (which is rare in my experience with laptops that come with Windows preinstalled, though sometimes possible on a reinstall, unless Windows itself lacks drivers for the machine)... yeah, I don’t know what else to say.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Instruments”