W.A Production releases ImPerfect synthesizer with 85 % off launch discount

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New synth by W.A Production. 8)
W. A. Production has released ImPerfect.

W. A. Production says "The architecture behind Imperfect will be familiar to anyone who's used a soft-synth before, with 5 powerful oscillators, envelopes, filters, LFOs and an arpeggiator. Where things start to get interesting is with the 3 special modulation sliders. Named "Wacky", "Cracky" and "Shaky", these functions introduce modulated effects, saturated harmonics and tuning inconsistencies."

Main features:

Fully functioning synth with analog-style imperfections.5 Oscillator modules.3 Unique transformation parameters.Hundreds of factory presets.260 Preset Waveforms & load your own samples.Dual X/Y pads.Filters & Effects.Real-time waveform display.Dual Envelopes & LFOs.Full PDF Manual & Tutorial video.

Price: $89.00. There is a launch discount of 85% until December 31st, 2019.
https://www.kvraudio.com/news/w-a-produ ... ount-47155
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Oh FFS. Will this company please stop bringing out instruments at such ridiculous prices. I don't care how good it is; at $13 what's not to like :dog: :?:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

It's great, but tiny GUI. I can't find a way how to make it bigger...
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:02 am It's great, but tiny GUI. I can't find a way how to make it bigger...
Right click on the gui maybe? I have not bought it. Not shure if i need another synth. Or do i .. :help:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When I see a name that includes 'productions', I am already very suspicious. There is something cheap about it.
In the singular it even sounds odd to me, as if they were producing W.A. Like in wine or corn production 8)

Their plugins seem to be made by this guy:
https://yoozmusic.com/about/

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:08 pm
U-o wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:02 am It's great, but tiny GUI. I can't find a way how to make it bigger...
Right click on the gui maybe? I have not bought it. Not shure if i need another synth. Or do i .. :help:
I'll try it, thanks.
yzcoruhT

Very underwhelming to be honest. Ye, I know, it is cheap, but it does indeed feel cheap and dated. It looks dated, too and so far it does nothing the trillions of the other plugins in my box can't. It's not even enticing to feed it to the GAS for an afternoon of fun.

I don't think it sounds or looks bad, but WA presentations always look so cheap. Besides, there's plenty of competition (Union and Cheeze Pro comes imediately to mind) nowadays

Wait a minute. It's a rompler?.. I'm confused

No, it just has a Sampler Osc.

Well I have to give them credit for coming up with the most descriptive name for a plugin. It is indeed "Imperfect".

"Let's code a freeware level plugin, put a silly list price on it then offer it for $14". It's not really a bad scheme since I'm sure some will fall for it.

Normally I'm a fan of these low price plugins since they can be good for a bit of fun but this time they came up with an absolute zero.

Small GUI that maddeningly changes color depending the the settings and can't be resized (at least I don't see a way). Dead common sound and that's being generous. Feature poor....strike three.

This was a complete waste of demo time and bandwidth

So to me it's a "3-D" plugin. Download, Demo, and Delete..... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:38 pm No, it just has a Sampler Osc.

Well I have to give them credit for coming up with the most descriptive name for a plugin. It is indeed "Imperfect".

"Let's code a freeware level plugin, put a silly list price on it then offer it for $14". It's not really a bad scheme since I'm sure some will fall for it.

Normally I'm a fan of these low price plugins since they can be good for a bit of fun but this time they came up with an absolute zero.

Small GUI that maddeningly changes color depending the the settings and can't be resized (at least I don't see a way). Dead common sound and that's being generous. Feature poor....strike three.

This was a complete waste of demo time and bandwidth

So to me it's a "3-D" plugin. Download, Demo, and Delete..... :roll:
The GUI doesn't resize? Wow, a really archaic take on the matter then (I didn't demo, only watched their video)

Vortifex wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:54 pm Yeah that was a weird design choice. I guess epileptics had better not use any fast modulation.
You're right. I just routed an LFO to "Wacky" and the GUI flashed like it could actually trigger a seizure, all joking aside....... :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 pm The GUI doesn't resize? Wow, a really archaic take on the matter then (I didn't demo, only watched their video)
I can't find a way to resize. Right click doesn't reveal anything and poking all around the GUI I can't find an option. There is no drag handle. If it can be resized they sure didn't make it obvious. :?

Wow, WA Productions really struck out this time (in my opinion of course). Weak sounds, poor GUI, and a limited feature set compared to other synths available. :scared:

Return to “Instruments”