Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.5.5 update!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
pascal020
KVRer
22 posts since 19 May, 2017

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:05 am

msvs wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:23 pm
https://youtu.be/pEYTQWCmgag
Great stuff. Instant inspiration for a dark cinematic hybrid orchestral track.

We bought Avenger this week in the xmas sale and are very happy with it. Installing both the software and codemeter went fine on our windows 10 machine. Still no problems today. We will see how future updates will go.

I do agree that the expansion packs are a bit pricey though, but hey don't buy them or wait for sales :)

deep1nc
KVRer
3 posts since 24 Nov, 2016

Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.5.0 update!

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:13 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I just found this free skin for avenger, i think it's probably the best looking one out there. I thought you might be interested. https://nextgenskin.tilda.ws/ (https://nextgenskin.tilda.ws/)

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
1482 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:01 am

How do you install such a skin? And also, how do you make one yourself? Is it possible to modify the factory skins?

Ryan99
KVRian
769 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:26 am

With some much whining, rudeness, and complaints for months, it’s surprising that Manuel stayed for so long.

You bought Avenger before they decided to change the copy-protection and you’re not happy about it? Of course! Are they happy that the 1.4 version and all their XP’s are available for free on the internet? Of course not!!

If you can’t understand their decision, your bad...

laz
KVRist
42 posts since 3 Apr, 2004

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:40 am

Ryan99 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:26 am
With some much whining, rudeness, and complaints for months, it’s surprising that Manuel stayed for so long.

You bought Avenger before they decided to change the copy-protection and you’re not happy about it? Of course! Are they happy that the 1.4 version and all their XP’s are available for free on the internet? Of course not!!

I will talk for myself...
No complains from my side only pushing to get an official answer about to copy-protection.
It is not professional to change (or in my case to have) a protection and when i ask for information about a Dongle no one gives me an official answer. A developer/company has to know everything about their protection and help the customers for further questions.
And now i bought a Dongle without knowing it will work. Just waiting to receive it and testing. I like this synth and company, i want to use it, i am about to buy Nexus 3 BUT am not a alpha, beta or gamma tester.
That's all.

SirkusPi
KVRist
328 posts since 14 Aug, 2012

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:17 am

Ryan99 wrote:

Am I unhappy that I paid $305 for a synth and expansions that I now can't update without installing an offensive (or so it seems to me, and many others) copy protection system? Of course! Did Vengeance offer to refund to me the $305 when they changed the terms of the purchase for their own benefit? Of course not!!

If you can't understand why people are upset, then I guess you enjoy throwing away money more than I do.

Blaster
KVRist
469 posts since 22 Apr, 2004 from Ireland

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:21 am

It's a bit odd to invest $305 for features and updates in the future if you don't want to take a risk.

SirkusPi
KVRist
328 posts since 14 Aug, 2012

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:24 am

Blaster wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:21 am
It's a bit odd to invest $305 for features and updates in the future if you don't want to take a risk.
I do agree I don't have a legal case, and that software purchases are for what's there now, rather than guarantees of future updates.

But that being said, I can certainly be mad on a moral level that Vengeance went and added CodeMeter when my purchase decision truly was based in part on the basic keyfile copy protection system. And I can certainly pledge never to support them again with another purchase (and to warn future purchasers that the company has no qualms about switching copy protection systems midstream).

kevvvvv
vvvvvvv
2422 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:58 am

cinematic 3 - amazing

could lose a week here :hyper: :tu:
Member 12, Studio One 4, Avenger 1.5 + 14 xps, Dune 3, XLN Audio XO, Pigments, Arturia 6, Atom & Impact XT, Izotope Neutron & Ozone, Valhalla, Spire, Sasquatch Kick 2, Mongoose, Panagement

Ryan99
KVRian

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:30 pm

SirkusPi wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:17 am
Ryan99 wrote:

Am I unhappy that I paid $305 for a synth and expansions that I now can't update without installing an offensive (or so it seems to me, and many others) copy protection system? Of course! Did Vengeance offer to refund to me the $305 when they changed the terms of the purchase for their own benefit? Of course not!!

If you can't understand why people are upset, then I guess you enjoy throwing away money more than I do.
Previous sale, I bought 2 X 5 pack of expansions at Sweetwater. I used 3 of 10, only to find a couple of days later that they were unlocked and available for free.

My investment and your 305$ investment needed to be protected. So, the copy protection change was sadly needed.

I don’t like throwing away my money for something that anybody else can get for free.

Caine123
KVRAF
6164 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Ryan99 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:30 pm
SirkusPi wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:17 am
Ryan99 wrote:

Previous sale, I bought 2 X 5 pack of expansions at Sweetwater. I used 3 of 10, only to find a couple of days later that they were unlocked and available for free.

My investment and your 305$ investment needed to be protected. So, the copy protection change was sadly needed.

I don’t like throwing away my money for something that anybody else can get for free.
wtf? Warez is not freeware.... what logic is this?
Last edited by Caine123 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

kevvvvv
vvvvvvv
2422 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:22 pm

sorry
no warez discussions @ KVR please
Member 12, Studio One 4, Avenger 1.5 + 14 xps, Dune 3, XLN Audio XO, Pigments, Arturia 6, Atom & Impact XT, Izotope Neutron & Ozone, Valhalla, Spire, Sasquatch Kick 2, Mongoose, Panagement

MikeCallon
KVRist
391 posts since 2 Jan, 2004

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Can someone please advise who I should email about freeing up Code Meter licenses that were 'lost' after a corruption of my Windows profile?

I emailed keilwerth@vengeance-sound.com 3 days ago but have had zero response.

Many thanks.

Ryan99
KVRian

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:59 pm

kevvvvv wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:22 pm
sorry
no warez discussions @ KVR please
I'm just trying to stop the endless complaints about the change of copy-protection, which was caused by piracy.

fab_thefab
KVRer
16 posts since 29 Apr, 2004

Post Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Ryan99 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:30 pm

I feel you as i have bought 7 pickpacks hence nearly all expansions that have been cracked... But i'm happy with the dongle free codemeter. I use reason and it still has to be defeated. E-Licenser only allows ONE activation and i would have sold my avenger right away if that had been the choice of Vengeance.

Return to “Instruments”