What are you listening to now? Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Neil Young - The Old Country Waltz

John Lennon - Instant Karma

boston - greatest hits
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Can - Moonshake

Miles Davis - Porgy and Bess (Mono Version)
No longer a moderator.

vurt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:11 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:08 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:07 pm 13th floor elevators - slip inside this house.

still one of the best songs ever!
Will have to check that out. I’ve had ‘The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators’ for years, but only know their songs on that, but have never really checked out their other stuff.
id be very surprised if it's not on there tbh.
primal scream covered it on screanedelica too 8) (trip inside this house).

id also bet theres a few spacemen3 tracks youd recognise on there too :hihi:

but yes, you should check them out thoroughly!
13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere

It’s really good - I only knew their first album, but this one is really good too!

Forgotten wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:48 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:11 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:08 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:07 pm 13th floor elevators - slip inside this house.

still one of the best songs ever!
Will have to check that out. I’ve had ‘The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators’ for years, but only know their songs on that, but have never really checked out their other stuff.
id be very surprised if it's not on there tbh.
primal scream covered it on screanedelica too 8) (trip inside this house).

id also bet theres a few spacemen3 tracks youd recognise on there too :hihi:

but yes, you should check them out thoroughly!
13th Floor Elevators - Easter Everywhere

It’s really good - I only knew their first album, but this one is really good too!
:tu: :party:
glad you're enjoying it.
one of those bands id hear as a kid from my uncle and his stoner mates.
then id mention them to people and get a blank look :hihi: even people who seemed to have extensive collections of similar psyche/hippy stuff, blank looks :lol:
not sure why either, as i mentioned, not like they didn't have plenty of people covering them.

I think their first album is the one that most people will hear, but in my case just owning that meant I missed out on some good songs.

John Foxx---Metal Beat

normal - lost in sleep.

It's not too surprising that the lesser known pioneers of electronic music are passing on without much acknowledgement. I just found out that last August Mario Davidovsky died at the age of 85. He was a proponent of electroacoustic music, was the director of what was back in the day called the Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center and also taught at various universities including Columbia.

This is a youtube clip of one of his works that I once heard performed by a young flautist standing beside the requisite reel to reel placed on a chair. :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4idYSu6Mp44

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”