Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I just found this free skin for avenger, i think it's probably the best looking one out there. I thought you might be interested. https://nextgenskin.tilda.ws/

How do you install such a skin? And also, how do you make one yourself? Is it possible to modify the factory skins?

With some much whining, rudeness, and complaints for months, it’s surprising that Manuel stayed for so long.

You bought Avenger before they decided to change the copy-protection and you’re not happy about it? Of course! Are they happy that the 1.4 version and all their XP’s are available for free on the internet? Of course not!!

If you can’t understand their decision, your bad...

Ryan99 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:26 pm With some much whining, rudeness, and complaints for months, it’s surprising that Manuel stayed for so long.

You bought Avenger before they decided to change the copy-protection and you’re not happy about it? Of course! Are they happy that the 1.4 version and all their XP’s are available for free on the internet? Of course not!!

I will talk for myself...
No complains from my side only pushing to get an official answer about to copy-protection.
It is not professional to change (or in my case to have) a protection and when i ask for information about a Dongle no one gives me an official answer. A developer/company has to know everything about their protection and help the customers for further questions.
And now i bought a Dongle without knowing it will work. Just waiting to receive it and testing. I like this synth and company, i want to use it, i am about to buy Nexus 3 BUT am not a alpha, beta or gamma tester.
That's all.

Ryan99 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:26 pm With some much whining, rudeness, and complaints for months, it’s surprising that Manuel stayed for so long.

Am I unhappy that I paid $305 for a synth and expansions that I now can't update without installing an offensive (or so it seems to me, and many others) copy protection system? Of course! Did Vengeance offer to refund to me the $305 when they changed the terms of the purchase for their own benefit? Of course not!!

If you can't understand why people are upset, then I guess you enjoy throwing away money more than I do.

It's a bit odd to invest $305 for features and updates in the future if you don't want to take a risk.

Blaster wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:21 pm It's a bit odd to invest $305 for features and updates in the future if you don't want to take a risk.
I do agree I don't have a legal case, and that software purchases are for what's there now, rather than guarantees of future updates.

But that being said, I can certainly be mad on a moral level that Vengeance went and added CodeMeter when my purchase decision truly was based in part on the basic keyfile copy protection system. And I can certainly pledge never to support them again with another purchase (and to warn future purchasers that the company has no qualms about switching copy protection systems midstream).

cinematic 3 - amazing

could lose a week here :hyper: :tu:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

SirkusPi wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Am I unhappy that I paid $305 for a synth and expansions that I now can't update without installing an offensive (or so it seems to me, and many others) copy protection system? Of course! Did Vengeance offer to refund to me the $305 when they changed the terms of the purchase for their own benefit? Of course not!!

If you can't understand why people are upset, then I guess you enjoy throwing away money more than I do.
Previous sale, I bought 2 X 5 pack of expansions at Sweetwater. I used 3 of 10, only to find a couple of days later that they were unlocked and available for free.

My investment and your 305$ investment needed to be protected. So, the copy protection change was sadly needed.

I don’t like throwing away my money for something that anybody else can get for free.

Ryan99 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 pm
SirkusPi wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Previous sale, I bought 2 X 5 pack of expansions at Sweetwater. I used 3 of 10, only to find a couple of days later that they were unlocked and available for free.

My investment and your 305$ investment needed to be protected. So, the copy protection change was sadly needed.

I don’t like throwing away my money for something that anybody else can get for free.
wtf? Warez is not freeware.... what logic is this?
Last edited by Caine123 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

sorry
no warez discussions @ KVR please
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Can someone please advise who I should email about freeing up Code Meter licenses that were 'lost' after a corruption of my Windows profile?

I emailed keilwerth@vengeance-sound.com 3 days ago but have had zero response.

Many thanks.

kevvvvv wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:22 pm sorry
no warez discussions @ KVR please
I'm just trying to stop the endless complaints about the change of copy-protection, which was caused by piracy.

Ryan99 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 pm

I feel you as i have bought 7 pickpacks hence nearly all expansions that have been cracked... But i'm happy with the dongle free codemeter. I use reason and it still has to be defeated. E-Licenser only allows ONE activation and i would have sold my avenger right away if that had been the choice of Vengeance.

This is so ridiculous. All what you drives is envy. So you are unsatisfied that users of cracks get the software for free you paid for? Either you decide to be honest, or not. And why is your personal investment not protected? What a nonsense. You got the software / expansion in return for your money, your personal license for it. But this says a lot about your character.

The copyprotection is important for all expansion makers, not for the customer - it actually is totally useless for the customer.

But Avenger is very overprotected, e.g. encrypted even samples (which you can record anyway) and also buggy regarding cpu load - so it is a bad choice as platform for your expansion.

It's good that an expansion is not copyable. But that doesn't mean that not a single byte should be stay flexible. Also, like I know now these Avenger guys, I am pretty sure this total encryption is one of the reasons for the ridiculous high memory usage. Which is another reason for not choosing Avenger as your expansion platform.

Maybe they do even decrypt on the fly/live, being extreme control freak fetishists, and that's why there are these cpu spikes. They wouldn't tell you anyway.

Overall this is a bad technical design and UX choice. The customer only will have all the disadvantages, not the users of cracks.

So this sadly is not THE synth, wake up. It only is Manuel's & friends platform for expansions. In which he often sampled from other synths, btw., too.

Return to “Instruments”