Timewarp 2600 / Sonivox question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about a 2.0 Update without ilok in 2018?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Is it High Sierra compatible?

electro wrote:How about a 2.0 Update without ilok in 2018?
I think on the contrary, ilok (soft ilok) will be a much better than currently protection, with restricted amount of registration numbers.

sbangs_air wrote:We are currently working on a refresh of this and its sister product kikaxxe.
10 month ago.. :?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

c_voltage wrote:
electro wrote:How about a 2.0 Update without ilok in 2018?
I think on the contrary, ilok (soft ilok) will be a much better than currently protection, with restricted amount of registration numbers.
Agreed! :tu:

Every time Windows 10 updates to a new release, it changes my computer ID, which forces TimewARP to request activation. Activating the 64-bit plugin crashes several of my DAW hosts. Reaper seems to be the only one I can activate it with. Once activated, the plugin functions in all of my hosts.

I am concerned that I will run out of activations at some point. I never have any issues with my other AIR and SONiVOX products that are authorized through the iLok license manager software. :D
Last edited by zzz00m on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

martinjuenke wrote:Is it High Sierra compatible?
Probably not, as it's not even supported on Windows 10.

SONiVOX support immediately closed a support request that I submitted, based on my unsupported OS.

It works on Win 10, but they do not officially support it.
Thank you for reaching out to us. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you!

Seeing as these are older plugins have you tried using them on a different computer running an older OS as this is not supported on Win 10. You may need to use this on an older operating system to be able to have the patches load and function properly.

If you have additional questions or concerns, or if the information we provided today does not help completely resolve your inquiry, please let me know!
Last edited by zzz00m on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So is it abandoned?

zzz00m wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Is it High Sierra compatible?
Probably not, as it's not even supported on Windows 10.

SONiVOX support immediately closed a support request that I submitted, based on my unsupported OS.

It works on Win 10, but they do not officially support it.
Thank you for reaching out to us. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you!

Seeing as these are older plugins have you tried using them on a different computer running an older OS as this is not supported on Win 10. You may need to use this on an older operating system to be able to have the patches load and function properly.

If you have additional questions or concerns, or if the information we provided today does not help completely resolve your inquiry, please let me know!
Timewarp 2600 is running fine here on the newest macOS High Sierra in Logic Pro X. I would vote for an iLok solution and an overhauled GUI too.
Last edited by tedannemann on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good news!

-redundant post-

2019?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

2020?

Trans Computer Maschine
or
Arppe2600va

Not at all the same level of emulation... but not at all the same protection shit either.
:wink:

More seriously... if today I had to purchase an ARP 2600 emulation, I would take Arturia's one even with its ridiculously tiny GUI and its eLicenser protection rather than that Sonivox thing never updated since years (and with a totally unresponsive tech support) and with this iLok crazy intrusion in my private life.
:borg:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”