One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IV! wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:57 am... here is the developer site: https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsystemic/
I think this says it all, from the website:
... [I'm] Valmont, I'm 17 years old from France
Clearly someone who's 17 cannot make synthesizers, or be from France, so these must be stolen and would never be allowed in OSC!

Well the Syncla-X was allowed in the last KVR developer challenge...

I think these are synthedit made. I checked that Syncla-X, it was party running as Audiounit for macos and impressive. But generally synthedit is a problem for mac users.

I think the bigger issue is that they are listed on the website as "no longer supported" while OSC is pretty much pure stress testing for a synth and problems arising during the OSC do tend to need (and almost always get) serious attention from the developers.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Hello everyone, sorry for once more hi-jacking this thread for the Songwriting Competition over on Mix Challenge

But I think this might be of interest for you sound designers.

I'm reviving a special Songwriting Competition called "Community Scramble", which is a limited sound set songwriting game. The basic idea is to first collect up to two self-created sounds/samples per participant in this endeavor (can be synthetic, can be Foley material) until 21st December 2019. These sounds will then be turned into a sample package of up to (roughly) 20-30 samples, which will then be used as basis or rather sole sound source for the next Songwriting Competition (SWC029/January). The twist here is to create a production with just these sounds and samples, but there is absolutely no limit on how you get there (unlike the One Synth Challenge). You can use resampling, wavetable synthesis, modulation, etc. As long as you don't use any additional synths or instruments. Vocals are allowed though. Else, the rules of the Songwriting Competition apply.

More about this can be read here, and the sample collection thread can be found through this link.

I'd definitely love to see the participants of the OSC over on Mix Challenge as well, as this adds a slightly different twist to what you're used to here on KVR Audio.

If you want to, I can drop another reminder of this game in January. :phones:

More on:
https://www.mix-challenge.com
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I used to participate in OSC maybe more than ten years ago. Now my greatest wish would be if my VST Lynx could be chosen for the next or some later challenge. It's available for windows 32 and 64 bit.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/lynx-by-xenobioz

Xenobioz wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:16 pmLynx
Where's the Mac version? :cry:

z.prime wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:39 pm
Unfortunately there is none. I would need a mac or mac in the cloud to compile the code. Otherwise I probably would have done it.

Xenobioz wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 pm
Unfortunately there is none. I would need a mac or mac in the cloud to compile the code. Otherwise I probably would have done it.
You can get some free Mac compute cycles using Azure Pipelines (unlimited for open source projects), but unfortunately it's not easy to run in order to diagnose things. I'd be happy to try to compile on Mac for you if you wanted -- I got Surge compiling and running on Mac originally when it was open sourced and also set up Azure Pipelines to build it. I'm not sure what you used for the GUI, but if it is cross-platform, it could be an easy thing to do to get it working on Mac, at least as a VST. I'm sure it would be a shoe-in for OSC at some point if there was a Mac version with AU ;)

z.prime wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:28 am
Xenobioz wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 pm
You can get some free Mac compute cycles using Azure Pipelines (unlimited for open source projects), but unfortunately it's not easy to run in order to diagnose things. I'd be happy to try to compile on Mac for you if you wanted -- I got Surge compiling and running on Mac originally when it was open sourced and also set up Azure Pipelines to build it. I'm not sure what you used for the GUI, but if it is cross-platform, it could be an easy thing to do to get it working on Mac, at least as a VST. I'm sure it would be a shoe-in for OSC at some point if there was a Mac version with AU ;)
Azure pipelines sounds interesting if I can compile things for free. I will have to learn more about it.
I'm not sure if the GUI code needs to be converted. If I'm lucky the SE SDK just uses a interface so the same code works for windows and mac. I will ask about this on the SE forum.
If I can make a Mac version it probably will take while if it's not super easy. But usually it never is. :hihi:

Thanks for your support. Hopefully we can see Lynx on OSC one day. With or without a Mac version.

It's very tasty, I swear!

zerofox97 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:45 pm https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsy ... e/syncla-x How about this for next month?
Says the project is abandoned, but seems to have Win/Mac + AU so mebby? I've sure been waiting for one of those crash-the-crap-out-of-your-DAW type of plugin for a good old-fashioned OSC that everyone else gives up on, leaving only z.prime to win... muahahahahahaha!
Oh... wait... did I say that out loud? :dog:

z.prime wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:47 am
zerofox97 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:45 pm https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsy ... e/syncla-x How about this for next month?
Says the project is abandoned, but seems to have Win/Mac + AU so mebby? I've sure been waiting for one of those crash-the-crap-out-of-your-DAW type of plugin for a good old-fashioned OSC that everyone else gives up on, leaving only z.prime to win... muahahahahahaha!
Oh... wait... did I say that out loud? :dog:
That's how I won the T-force Alpha 2 round :hihi:

exponent1 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:59 am That's how I won the T-force Alpha 2 round :hihi:
I believe that also gave me an edge to get into top 5 :lol:

Have we already talked about ToneZ? https://t0nit0rmx.github.io/plugins/tonez

Return to “Instruments”