Birds of Prey - Repetitive soundscape thingy - HAPPY 2020

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the morning i can hear the birds :D

https://soundcloud.com/insert-name-here/birds-of-prey

Repetitive soundscape thingy - yep, I agree!

I enjoyed the sound combos in there, but just wanted a little contrasting section towards the middle somewhere!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Could use a little EQ in the upper mids on the loud synth. A little too repetitive for my taste. And with that one annoying synth, it was a difficult listen.

I don't mind the so-called repetitive nature of it.

On the contrary, it was very Mantra-like, and the forward-progression kept it interesting. I especially liked how when the beat started to arrive it sounded like the whole thing would fall apart. However, instead, it actually took an immediately comfortable and cohesive form. If anything, imo, it ends just when it was about to get really interesting. I can 'hear' a whole piece that dropped off the back of this, with it also serving as a reprise that gets secreted-away at the end of an album.

:tu:

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:45 pm Could use a little EQ in the upper mids on the loud synth. A little too repetitive for my taste. And with that one annoying synth, it was a difficult listen.
it needs emergency , life-saving EQ , stat !...

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:55 pm Repetitive soundscape thingy - yep, I agree!

I enjoyed the sound combos in there, but just wanted a little contrasting section towards the middle somewhere!
Thanks for the listen. Yes i will try to make some more contrasting sections for my next track!

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:45 pm Could use a little EQ in the upper mids on the loud synth. A little too repetitive for my taste. And with that one annoying synth, it was a difficult listen.
Well thanks for listening anyway :D I agree on the EQ, it neeeds it :lol:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 pm I don't mind the so-called repetitive nature of it.

On the contrary, it was very Mantra-like, and the forward-progression kept it interesting. I especially liked how when the beat started to arrive it sounded like the whole thing would fall apart. However, instead, it actually took an immediately comfortable and cohesive form. If anything, imo, it ends just when it was about to get really interesting. I can 'hear' a whole piece that dropped off the back of this, with it also serving as a reprise that gets secreted-away at the end of an album.

:tu:
Thanks el-bo for the nice comment, means a lot. I actually do like to let things fall apart, and then maybe suddenly not. I have complete and beatifull tracks just after the fadeout :hihi: (i wish)

experimental.crow wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:38 pm
it needs emergency , life-saving EQ , stat !...
Ok, ok i kinda agree with the EQ :help:

Nice ambient ! I like the Lo-fi color ! ;)

renoizer wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:12 am Nice ambient ! I like the Lo-fi color ! ;)
Thanks for the listen Renoizer :tu: I love Lo-fi :D

I mostly liked it in a weird way! I listen to lo-fI also.

I think it could use some subtle weaving of other sounds to keep interest.

fastlanephil wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:46 am I mostly liked it in a weird way! I listen to lo-fI also.

I think it could use some subtle weaving of other sounds to keep interest.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. I agree, maintaining interest should be my main focus. Not playing with new synths or effects. I blame GAS :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”