FAS-FX REVERB

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:
Den* wrote:Amazing reverb!
sounds much too bright for my taste in this video... (but it's the guitar sound itself too)
hard to judge with a toothache inducing example such as this.

Nice playing though...

A bit thin but reverb is still dense, and it glues the tail very nice.
I don't know until I try it, but there is no demo, and it use iLok?
How is that possible?

Hey all, I know this is an old thread but I just discovered this reverb. I can't demo atm, but it's currently 80 bucks.

Info and vids are pretty sparse, so wondering how this is on vocals. It seems it might have other instruments well covered and it's tweak-ability looks comparable to EA Nimbus and some of the other more expensive reverbs. I currently own VVV, Shimmer, TB Reverb 4 and PSP EMT 2445...looking for a nice "icing on the cake" verb that is clean with maybe a little bit of mojo.

Thanks.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote:Hey all, I know this is an old thread but I just discovered this reverb. I can't demo atm, but it's currently 80 bucks.

Info and vids are pretty sparse, so wondering how this is on vocals. It seems it might have other instruments well covered and it's tweak-ability looks comparable to EA Nimbus and some of the other more expensive reverbs. I currently own VVV, Shimmer, TB Reverb 4 and PSP EMT 2445...looking for a nice "icing on the cake" verb that is clean with maybe a little bit of mojo.

Thanks.
I'm not a huge reverb expert, but I liked the reverbs in my Axe-FX enough to buy this one. I also have TB Reverb 4 and I feel like it's a bit better sounding and more versatile. As far as vibe goes I haven't really messed around with it much truth be told but if you wanna PM me some vocal stems I can run them through the plugin at various settings if you like. I think it sounds nice and it's infinitely customizable.

And yeah, it's currently 80 bucks and will probably stay that way. I bought it at the same price god knows how long ago. The plugin market is saturated already and I think Fractal found out that their name doesn't carry as much weight in the DAW world so they probably sold almost none at the orignal 300 bucks. But for 80 bucks? Sure. Sadly it only has one registration per copy unlike most other iLok plugins I have that give you 2 so you can have one for your desktop and one for your laptop.

DeathByGuitar wrote:
TheNeverScene wrote:Hey all, I know this is an old thread but I just discovered this reverb. I can't demo atm, but it's currently 80 bucks.

Thanks.
I'm not a huge reverb expert, but I liked the reverbs in my Axe-FX enough to buy this one. I also have TB Reverb 4 and I feel like it's a bit better sounding and more versatile. As far as vibe goes I haven't really messed around with it much truth be told but if you wanna PM me some vocal stems I can run them through the plugin at various settings if you like. I think it sounds nice and it's infinitely customizable.

And yeah, it's currently 80 bucks and will probably stay that way. I bought it at the same price god knows how long ago. The plugin market is saturated already and I think Fractal found out that their name doesn't carry as much weight in the DAW world so they probably sold almost none at the orignal 300 bucks. But for 80 bucks? Sure. Sadly it only has one registration per copy unlike most other iLok plugins I have that give you 2 so you can have one for your desktop and one for your laptop.
Hey, huge thanks DeathByGuitar. The fact that the $80 dollars seems permanent eases the GAS. I'm on a temp setup while my rig is on a sloooow transit to our new home, so I don't have any stems, but I may just DL something off of Looperman to send you for some tests. I like the TB verb too, so I like the fact that you have both. The whole reverb thing has been a long test, test some more, meh, ohh I like that one saga. One thing I'm listening for is how it glues to the source...Nimbus is the first verb I tested that seems to have this strange quality, plus all the ducking and fine tuning, but the eq is sort of weird with all the pre, verb, post while FAS-FX is just a straight up parametric on the wet. The free Ambient Reverb by Stone Voices seems to have this glue to the source effect, but only one algorithm. Agg, too many choices.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

And here I thought I just did especially well buying it for 79.99 "on sale". :hihi:

Just wanted to say that I am not disappointed at all for that cost, and grabbed this one due to the inbuilt ducking. It's a time saver when you need this feature.

I really quite like this reverb if I'm to be honest, and not ashamed to say so :)
Windows 10 Pro|Intel 9960X @ 4.4 GHZ|128GB Corsair|16TB SSD|AMD 5700XT|Gigabyte Designare|Avid HDX x2|Antelope Orion 32HD x2|Pro Tools 2019.12

Amelia70 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:45 am And here I thought I just did especially well buying it for 79.99 "on sale". :hihi:

Just wanted to say that I am not disappointed at all for that cost, and grabbed this one due to the inbuilt ducking. It's a time saver when you need this feature.

I really quite like this reverb if I'm to be honest, and not ashamed to say so :)
Why would you be ashamed to say so? It's a great all-around workhorse reverb. I wish they would update it with the new stuff they put in the Axe-FX III but it's fine as is.

DeathByGuitar wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:41 pm
Amelia70 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:45 am And here I thought I just did especially well buying it for 79.99 "on sale". :hihi:

Why would you be ashamed to say so? It's a great all-around workhorse reverb. I wish they would update it with the new stuff they put in the Axe-FX III but it's fine as is.
It was really just a figure of speech :)
Nothing meant by it against the plugin.

Now, after having it a week, one thing I WILL say I do not appreciate is the high cpu usage. Even on my new windows machine, it's relatively very high compared to lexicon plugins and many others.
Windows 10 Pro|Intel 9960X @ 4.4 GHZ|128GB Corsair|16TB SSD|AMD 5700XT|Gigabyte Designare|Avid HDX x2|Antelope Orion 32HD x2|Pro Tools 2019.12

Return to “Effects”