New song (electronic pop)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATS wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:23 am I don't think just because something is just a pop song that it has to be short. That is pretty much nonsense.
I felt the vocals needed something more effect wise. They sound very bland to me except where you filter then which is pretty effective. For my ears this has enough highs. I really think the vocals would benefit from some sort of delay effect mostly, if not that and more. Also maybe some interesting reverb effect. It just sounds, I hate to say it but cheap. The vocals themselves are fine though, just the processing on them could be much better in my opinion. The song itself I really enjoyed but you should go back and polish it up some. Just because you do it just for a hobby doesn't mean it has to sound like it. I really enjoyed this and want to see it better.
Thanks!

I get what you mean and will think about the vocal effects. I usually don't add a lot of reverb but more delay. In this particular case I don't think I used any delay at all, as I kind of liked the "disconnected" laid-back feeling (sort of like the old Pet Shop Boys hits with super busy mixes but vocals staying very "neutral" to the lyrics). In the next song I'm planning to upload, there is A LOT of delay - maybe too much of it. I will definitely go back and do some more polishing "over time", as the song goes. :wink:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Nice work. British pop music influences from the 80s are undenyable here ^^ Maybe a more electronic backing track would be more to my taste, but sounds quite fine like that also. :tu:

htcnext2 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:02 pm Nice work. British pop music influences from the 80s are undenyable here ^^ Maybe a more electronic backing track would be more to my taste, but sounds quite fine like that also. :tu:
Thanks! Appreciate it. :tu: :phones:

(I actually looked into more electronic backing tracks (TAL vocoder, MAutoPitch and what have you), but to me at least, in the ned this "half-roboty" backing track came out better and a bit more interesting.)
Go MuLab!

I wonder if this is the best structure for a pop song as far as the vocal breaks through out it. I think you want a pop song or most songs vocals to be more fluid like a conversation or the telling of a story, most importantly in the verses. The chorus or bridge where a hook comes in is a little different as far as short breaks.

Maybe I’m being old school. :?

fastlanephil wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:54 am I wonder if this is the best structure for a pop song as far as the vocal breaks through out it. I think you want a pop song or most songs vocals to be more fluid like a conversation or the telling of a story, most importantly in the verses. The chorus or bridge where a hook comes in is a little different as far as short breaks.

Maybe I’m being old school. :?
Hmmm... not sure what you meant but I appreciate the comment. :) Well, it's not really a pop song in the normal sense as it's too long and there is no real song structure, just a bunch of verses and no real chorus. From a structural viewpoint it's kind of crazy. :lol: On the other hand I think it's the lack of structure that makes it interesting (to me anyway) - you never know what's coming next.
Go MuLab!

very good job. i like the 80´s like synths and the voice....is there a chance to remix this great track?
Propellerhead Reason 12 and FL Studio 20

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

mimpulsez wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm very good job. i like the 80´s like synths and the voice....is there a chance to remix this great track?
Hey! I'd LOVE that!

I made it in MuLab. Not sure what I would need to do for others to remix it, but it would make me very happy. :)
Go MuLab!

Here's the complete setup:

MASTER
TDR Nova
Ozone 8
Tonal Balance Control

BASS
XPand!2

DRUMS
Assembled and mixed kit from MUX (=MuLab)
with a touch of the the SP2016 reverb (Eventide)

BELL (main melody line)
Lynx
Blackhole (Eventide)
MEqualizer

STUTTER 1
G8TOR (2getherAudio)
TDR Nova

STUTTER 2
Pigments 2 (Arturia)

PAD
Padshop
Blackhole

LEAD VOCALS
ProVocative
Saturated Repeats (MUX; just a tad)

BACKUP VOCALS
-

VOCALS MIXDOWN
SP2016

VOCALS FX (=the "vocoder")
Transpire
Compressor (MUX)
MEqualizer
SP2016
Go MuLab!

...and here's the setup.

(minus the amp, as I skipped the guitar part)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Go MuLab!

Return to “Music Cafe”