Chorus plugin that can output into separate DAW tracks

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So a chorus effect duplicates the source signal into copies, applies delay on each copy and modulates
the delay time. I'm looking to replicate that but also be able to apply different effects on each copy. Any takes?

You could do it discretely with two mono delay lines with common modulators. Bitwig and Reaktor are obvious choices but KVR will chime in.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

You could create a bunch of sends, one for each "chorus copy". On each send put a delay like Waves Supertap (which can modulate the delay time) plus whatever other effect(s) you want.
A well-behaved signature.

Will these work for live performance? Or only with automation? Thanks guys

I second the idea of sends, or track copies. Then apply an individual delay to the sends/copies. Try to use a delay that lets you remove the original feed and keep only the delayed output. It would take some experimenting, but once you have it, it's the best way to do it.

Thanks for everyone's great ideas! I'm going to need to use it for live performance. Does the delay modulation require automation or can it work on a live, monitored input?

Thanks! :)

Why not use multiple chorus plugins on each channel?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Because I don't need a chorus effect, what I actually want is the time modulation similar to what happens in a chorus, just on different channels so I can play with each channel differently :)

And I need it for live performance also

Why dont you just use a modulated delay or doubler at 100%wet in a mono config?

pilau wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:54 am Because I don't need a chorus effect, what I actually want is the time modulation similar to what happens in a chorus, just on different channels so I can play with each channel differently :)

And I need it for live performance also
Ah i understand. I guess there is something out there that does the job.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:03 am Why dont you just use a modulated delay or doubler at 100%wet in a mono config?
Because I am very new to this world and never heard of that before :)
Thanks! It sounds great. Do you know any free plugins that do that? I'll try to Google that too

okay, then maybe we go two steps back and you tell us what are you trying to achieve in the first place, and how do you imagine your signal chain :)

Sure - I have a live instrument input and I want to split it into 2 or more tracks (still experimenting), and then have each of those copies modulated in the same manner a chorus works, and then apply different effect processors on each copy

pilau wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:57 pm So a chorus effect duplicates the source signal into copies
Nope, there's no duplication or copies. The signal is just split down multiple paths.
Conceptually that sounds the same, but at the code level, it isnt.

A lot of chorus modules dont actually use more than one modulated delay, so what you're asking for can just be achieved with multiple parallel sends to various 'chorus->other fx' chains.

edit : seen the later posts. multiple parallel sends to modulated delays will do what you actually seem to want.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

So you want an original and a copy that's slightly modulated and then processed further?

which DAW will you be running this in?

Return to “Effects”