Are you fat and out of shape?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
tapper mike
KVRAF
5224 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:33 am

V0RT3X wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:42 pm

There are actually variations of ITF suprisingly enough. From what I learned, a man named General Choi Hong Hi invented Tae-kwon-do but he grew ill, died but left no successor to carry on the ITF legacy.

So it broke apart, and there are different versions all over. A few things my teacher taught me, was that their are a lot of different techniques that either got changed over time with the resulting spin o

Honestly I found it all ways to political, I'm really thinking maybe taking something different that won't bugger my joints up later on life.
Yeah, TKD was the only Korean Martial Art that the Government of South Korea would recognize so several styles got banded under the same roof/name. There was a lot of politics and a lot of abuse by government officials (including KCIA) Some of the back stories have wound up as sub plots in K-Espionage movies / TV series and those have had some "fact shifting" along the way.

This is really rough to read but it spells out most of the facts as I recall them. https://www.otfa-usa.org/the-history-of-taekwon-do/

cptgone
KVRAF
5442 posts since 1 Aug, 2003

Re: Are you fat and out of shape?

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:23 am

Why perform martial arts, when you can train one arm at a time, doing the labour of self-love, and enjoy a nice low-calorie custard afterwards?

tapper mike
KVRAF
5224 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:31 am

Re Diet, Fat nation.

Honestly while we are not perfect we are far from Number 1 in obesity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRNtCdyZ8bM

My siblings and I differ in that while my fathers genes are the dominant ones among them, my mothers genes are the dominant ones for me. The only thing I didn't get was height. I'm skinny, my maternal grandfather was skinny that entire side is skinny and slightly taller. While on my Dad's side everyone is shorter and started out medium weight. Most had to struggle to keep that weight down and even then they still got heavy. One sister had surgery to reduce her stomach size and close off something so that once she felt full she would stop eating. It worked. I wish I could offer up details but I can't recall them.

vurt
addled muppet weed
56808 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:55 am

cptgone wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:23 am
, and enjoy a nice low-calorie custard afterwards?
my missus wants to know why shes putting weight on if this is true?

Bombadil
KVRAF
4860 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:50 pm

My brother and I got the fat gene. Whereas he let himself go (at some point, he was well over 400 lbs, whenever he went on vacation to the Caribbean, he had to fly first class because the regular seats were too small) and I let myself go for a while (around 320 lbs), I got myself in shape, changed my diet, exercised regularly. It is still an ongoing battle for me, so it has been especially frustrating the last year, barely able to move around. I've sworn I won't end up like my brother, though. My father...could fit into his army uniform when he died.
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

cptgone
KVRAF
5442 posts since 1 Aug, 2003

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:55 pm

vurt wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:55 am
cptgone wrote:
Edibles yielded by ladies' self gratification are more varied in nature :shrug:

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:01 pm

cptgone wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:55 pm
vurt wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:55 am
cptgone wrote:
Edibles yielded by ladies' self gratification are more varied in nature :shrug:
:o
i best be careful then...

Boone777
KVRian
805 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:22 pm

I lost 130 pounds on Keto so quickly I have loose skin. Not very healthy but I was so motivated when I saw I was losing 1 pound a day. I stopped my vegetarian regime and I became so much healthier. I became hypoglycemic because of a high sugar diet.

All my stomach burns stopped when I quit every form of sugar mainly beer and bread. I used to have skin rash and pimples all gone.

Now my primary source of fuel is fat. Monosaturated fat. Meat, and coconut oil. I'm never hungry except when I have occasional carbs like christmas time I gained 15 pounds fast. Back to keto for 10 days already lost 5 pounds. I never count calories only carbs.

Butter, cheese, oil , mayo at will. Home made mayo and almost everything organic.
Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 5.965, Steinberg MR816x

Forgotten
KVRAF
7287 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Boone777 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:22 pm
I lost 130 pounds on Keto
Horse tranquilizers will do that to you... :shrug:

Boone777
KVRian

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Boone777
KVRian

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:38 pm

Forgotten wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:32 pm
Boone777 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:22 pm
I lost 130 pounds on Keto
Horse tranquilizers will do that to you... :shrug:
I did try PCP in my teenage f**ked up years but I did'nt do enough to have this effect !

zerocrossing
KVRAF
9901 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 pm

I’m sure I put on 10 lbs or so over the past 6 months. It’s been a crazy stressful time. Not really a new year’s resolution, but more like a “get back to normal” phase has to happen.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Hink
Rad Grandad
30193 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:35 am

amazingly my great stress of 2016 helped me lose a lot, for the most part it stays off. I do fluctuate about that same ten pounds, but it's easier to manage than losing all the weight. This year I have the advantage of starting the spring with a bike, first time since the mid 70's. That will offset the exercise I lose if I get a riding mower this spring :oops:

Diet wise, I am finding that the last year or so my appetite is shrinking...instead of a pound of fish I get a half pound, I almost never leave a restaurant without my next meal in a doggie bag. On the other side of that coin I barely eat on workdays, I eat with the kids I staff but the food leaves a lot to be desired so often at work I live off of those little cheese and cracker sandwich things (keebler club sandwich or similar).

I have been this weight for three years now and it feels great :tu:
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:12 am

not saying im out of shape, but i lost my breath and went dizzy. twice, reading jaces post :o

mumpcake
KVRian
1085 posts since 27 Aug, 2004

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:20 pm

I've lost 24 pounds over the past 3 months through WW. Yes, I lost weight over the holidays where trashy food seemed to materialize from nowhere in the breakroom.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Return to “Off Topic”