Made a recreation of Ableton's Erosion effect using FX Grid

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Super useful to bring out some highs on subs, get that bit blown-out sub noise on basses.

Did quite a bit of A/B-ing and got it damn near identical in sound. Then added a 'Wreck' knob for some extra oomph.

100% stock Bitwig stuff. Loving the FX Grid! Really made the process easy.

Give it a try, let me know how I did! (Goes in FX Grid presets folder)
Erosion.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Very nice! Put it up on bitwiggers.com!

brownerthanu wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:28 pm Very nice! Put it up on bitwiggers.com!
omg how did I not know about this. Thanks man, will do!

Excellent work! First time I've seen anyone (other than myself) build an Erosion look-alike by modulating a short delay (like the original does) to get that characteristic "sputter". I built something similar once in Reaktor, and started on a Grid version but never found time to finish it out. I like the additional capabilities in your design, so I tossed my WIPs out and am just using yours now with a few extra tweaks.

The main (and very small) tweaks I've done are just for usability and better control over the before/after loudness and better control over how dirty or thin the wet sound is. I find that Bitwig's "Mix" knob on many containers tends to attenuate the overall volume way too much, so I prefer a parallel Dry/Wet signal flow, especially in FX Grid builds. I also added some usage tips inside the grid itself.

Please excuse my metadata change to "Baphometrix" being the creator. I do this so that my smart collections can gather together all the presets I reach for a lot, as you see in the screenshot. I made sure to attribute you as the original (and main) designer in the preset description. Feel free to change any of that metadata as you like if you decide to move forward with any of my preferred tweaks.

BTW, I'm not a huge fan of the "metallic" edge you can get by pushing the Y value on the XY pad (feedback into the Mod Delay) in most cases, but WOW when you push the Q knob past mid way and then use some XY values in the upper left quadrant you can get some CRAZY sounds. Way to go! :tu:

Erosion_BaphyTweaks.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bitwig”