What Did You Wonder About Today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
Hink
Rad Grandad
30193 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:09 pm
Hink wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:00 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:09 am
Correlation is not causation. Taking into account just how much abuse there is of women, and men (and society overall) treating them like objects, especially “hot” women, the real cause is usually abusive upbringing, abusive experiences with their first few “relationships”, etc. You just happened to interface with them after the damage was done.

Edit: almost every woman I’ve ever known has been sexually abused, and/or emotionally abused at some point (and, no, smartasses, I’m not the common denominator). Every “crazy” BPD woman I’ve ever dealt with was definitely abused by someone. Their behavior is a trauma response.
everyday I go to work I see the results of sexual abuse. In my case it's children, teenage girls and preteen girls of course...however, I work with just as many young boys who have been sexually abused. I cant tell but wow, what these kids have been through will not just break your heart, it rip at your very core. Sexual abuse is not specific to any gender
It’s not specific to any gender, no, but it IS much more rampant against women. It’s encoded in male-dominated cultures. And the abusers of BOTH men and women tend to be men. Toxic masculinity keeps men silent about abuse, and drives abusive behavior.
I'm not sure much more is accurate, more sexual abuse is reported by women but there is and probably always be a social stigma preventing men from opening up about it. In fact no offense but your response is an example of that problem :shrug:
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

e-crooner
KVRian
786 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: What Did You Wonder About Today?

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:16 pm

Just a couple of days ago there was a conversation on that topic and they said that the majority of sexual abuse victims are boys.

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:27 pm

I wonder why every time I look out my window I get the feeling I'm being watched :scared:

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
5396 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:05 am

e-crooner wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:16 pm
Just a couple of days ago there was a conversation on that topic and they said that the majority of sexual abuse victims are boys.
They? Who were they? If they’re MRAs, take that statement with some salt.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:10 am

Hink wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:13 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Hink wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Correlation is not causation. Taking into account just how much abuse there is of women, and men (and society overall) treating them like objects, especially “hot” women, the real cause is usually abusive upbringing, abusive experiences with their first few “relationships”, etc. You just happened to interface with them after the damage was done.

Edit: almost every woman I’ve ever known has been sexually abused, and/or emotionally abused at some point (and, no, smartasses, I’m not the common denominator). Every “crazy” BPD woman I’ve ever dealt with was definitely abused by someone. Their behavior is a trauma response.
everyday I go to work I see the results of sexual abuse. In my case it's children, teenage girls and preteen girls of course...however, I work with just as many young boys who have been sexually abused. I cant tell but wow, what these kids have been through will not just break your heart, it rip at your very core. Sexual abuse is not specific to any gender
It’s not specific to any gender, no, but it IS much more rampant against women. It’s encoded in male-dominated cultures. And the abusers of BOTH men and women tend to be men. Toxic masculinity keeps men silent about abuse, and drives abusive behavior.
I'm not sure much more is accurate, more sexual abuse is reported by women but there is and probably always be a social stigma preventing men from opening up about it. In fact no offense but your response is an example of that problem :shrug:
How do you mean? Are you saying my comments might make someone not open up about it? Which ones? I’d hate for that to be the case but please do elaborate.

Toxic masculinity culture is a huge part of what keeps men silent. The fear of one’s masculinity being threatened by vulnerability. It’s shit. Toxic masculinity also directs men toward being aggressors, especially in response to their own suffering (“suck it up, pussy” and so on and so forth).

Note, that I’m referring to the toxic beliefs of what masculinity should be, and not masculinity in and of itself. Masculinity isn’t the problem. The toxic ideologies attached to masculinity is.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:10 am
Hink wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Hink wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:

How do you mean? Are you saying my comments might make someone not open up about it? Which ones? I’d hate for that to be the case but please do elaborate.

Toxic masculinity culture is a huge part of what keeps men silent. The fear of one’s masculinity being threatened by vulnerability. It’s shit. Toxic masculinity also directs men toward being aggressors, especially in response to their own suffering (“suck it up, pussy” and so on and so forth).

Note, that I’m referring to the toxic beliefs of what masculinity should be, and not masculinity in and of itself. Masculinity isn’t the problem. The toxic ideologies attached to masculinity is.
my point wasnt that your statement was dangerous, it's exemplified my point.

ftr I see concerns of this turning to hpc material, as in the catholic church being brought up...so I respectfully ask if one wants to make such responses to please quote if from here and post your response in hpc :)

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am

I'll change the subject fer now, I'm wondering if this song I have been working on is the one...no not a hit or anything like that. I rarely finish songs, if a gun was held to my head I could go through my two machines with 5 hard drives and spit a bunch of LPs just finishing songs that are close :oops: (of course I do have finished songs)

This song keeps calling me back and the night before last found me in the studio with pen and paper at hand writing lyrics, I came up with an emotionally powerful line that has defined the song...it's a simple song, fun to play on the guitar for me (honestly that's what it is 95% about for me) and it's about one very bad night...the song I need to write, I know this...it's time...it's a conflict I cant explain...letting go while holding on tight

:) :cry: :love: :( :x :love: :cry: :love: :love: :) :D

Bombadil
KVRAF
4860 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:12 pm

I understand. The song that I shared with you a while back was one of those, and I'm still not happy with the coda. But that song had to come out.
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

Hink
Rad Grandad

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:23 pm

that was an awesome song too (I actually typed awesong some :oops: ), I dont know that I'll ever finish it (if you ever saw reign over me with adam sandler, it could be charlies kitchen) and if I do, if and where I'll post it :shrug:

Bombadil
KVRAF
4860 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Far From the Twisted Reach of Crazy Sorrow

Post Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:27 pm

A quote attributed to Da Vinci: "art is never finished, only abandoned." Rings true, 400 years later.
“We're an Anarcho-Syndicalist commune”
Dennis

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:23 am

Hink wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:10 am
Hink wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Hink wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:

my point wasnt that your statement was dangerous, it's exemplified my point.
Sorry, I don’t understand.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:26 am

Hink wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 am
I'll change the subject fer now, I'm wondering if this song I have been working on is the one...no not a hit or anything like that. I rarely finish songs, if a gun was held to my head I could go through my two machines with 5 hard drives and spit a bunch of LPs just finishing songs that are close :oops: (of course I do have finished songs)

This song keeps calling me back and the night before last found me in the studio with pen and paper at hand writing lyrics, I came up with an emotionally powerful line that has defined the song...it's a simple song, fun to play on the guitar for me (honestly that's what it is 95% about for me) and it's about one very bad night...the song I need to write, I know this...it's time...it's a conflict I cant explain...letting go while holding on tight

:) :cry: :love: :( :x :love: :cry: :love: :love: :) :D
Nice. I’ve never felt that emotionally impacted by my own work, even when I’m proud of something I’ve made (I also don’t consider much of any of my work to be finished).

:tu:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

harryupbabble
KVRAF
1761 posts since 20 Mar, 2012 from Babbleon

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:33 am

I wonder why I always always always see Iggy pop without a shirt on.

I wonder why, I'm still here, my offline computer is available now.
okay byyyeeeeee.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

vurt
addled muppet weed
56810 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:37 am

hes very poor, cant afford shirts :(

vurt
addled muppet weed
56810 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:43 am

or hes very gullible and shops at "emperors emporium".

Return to “Off Topic”