Need advice on how to design the exact sound i want in FL Studio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

So i have sort of made my first track using GMS in FL Studio. It almost sound the way i want it to. A mix of Justice and Røyksopp, almost a mix between guitar and organ.

My problem is that there is too much noise, and i dont mean that the white noise is turned up to much. I want to edit the sound a certain way but i dont even know where to begin.

Do any of you have any tips on tutorials i ca watch, effects i can put on top of the beat ive made in GMS, maybe sounds or other stuff i need to download or any tips in general when it comes to designing the exact sound i want i GMS or any other program you see fit?

Direct link to that sound please?

This is the sound i have made:

file:///C:/Users/jarlc/OneDrive/Skrivebord/MUSIKK/Firstsong%202.0_2.wav

Or did you mean the sound i want?

This is the closest i can think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SEgoi7kjw8

Thanks in advance! Im totally green when it comes to this.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:12 pm Direct link to that sound please?
This is the sound i have made:

file:///C:/Users/jarlc/OneDrive/Skrivebord/MUSIKK/Firstsong%202.0_2.wav (put in browser)

Or did you mean the sound i want?

This is the closest i can think of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SEgoi7kjw8

Thanks in advance! Im totally green when it comes to this.

jarlemann wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:12 pm Or did you mean the sound i want?
Exactly :)

Do you mean the lead sound running all the time or that one that starts at 2:48?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:10 pm
jarlemann wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:12 pm Or did you mean the sound i want?
Exactly :)

Do you mean the lead sound running all the time or that one that starts at 2:48?

I would say the sound starting at 2.48, only with more guitar and grit, if that makes sense. Likse do you know a way i can play around with that type of sound until i find something i like? :)

If you could upload some of your own audio, that might help. And no, trying to link to your PC’s directories won’t work, as you’ve discovered.

kvotchin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:46 am If you could upload some of your own audio, that might help. And no, trying to link to your PC’s directories won’t work, as you’ve discovered.
Here it is!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmxh433y04aon ... 2.wav?dl=0

As you can hear, the sound is really shitty, at the same time i like the electronic and heavy elements of it. Everything is done in GMS, 0.33: i really like this kind of sound, but yeah it needs fine tuning and im struggeling with where to begin.

Hm.

Not my style, so I probably can’t be much help, sorry.

But perhaps it will sit okay in the mix? Could be it just doesn’t sound good to you at this stage. Possible?

kvotchin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:23 pm Hm.

Not my style, so I probably can’t be much help, sorry.

But perhaps it will sit okay in the mix? Could be it just doesn’t sound good to you at this stage. Possible?

Thanks for answering, maybe i can fix the sound trough mixing, yes. It doesent sound good at all to me now, i just want to keep the melody and some elements.

So maybe i just need to watch more tutorials on mixing and become better at Fl Studio in general.

this one of the most vague posts i've ever read.

"or any tips in general when it comes to designing the exact sound i want i GMS"

How is anyone here supposed to know what that sound is? If something exists only in your mind, then you're the only one who knows what that is.

"So maybe i just need to watch more tutorials on mixing and become better at Fl Studio in general."

Yes, that's almost always the answer. If this is your first track, then you have a long, long ways to go.

psynical wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:11 am you have a long, long ways to go.
This started to play in my head :lol:

https://youtu.be/hqxesHoZsU0

psynical wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:11 am this one of the most vague posts i've ever read.

"or any tips in general when it comes to designing the exact sound i want i GMS"

How is anyone here supposed to know what that sound is? If something exists only in your mind, then you're the only one who knows what that is.

"So maybe i just need to watch more tutorials on mixing and become better at Fl Studio in general."

Yes, that's almost always the answer. If this is your first track, then you have a long, long ways to go.
Haha!

Yes, i get lazy because i see the loong way ahead, so i guess im looking for a shortcut or something. f**k, i actually have to learn a lot of shit, cant just copy and paste from mye head ..

Return to “Effects”