Is it a Compressor? Is it an EQ? No, it’s…

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't have enough experience with VS2 to argue either way, but getting started with VS2 felt easier and more musical. From watching the videos I'm intimidated by Waves' version, and seeing in the videos people fiddling with the settings, things sounded like a lot of harshness, easy to make bad moves. VS2 has a ton of modules and a fair amount of depth, but on the surface feels easy to jump in and it's harder to make it sound horrid.

Looking forward to the opinions of people with enough experience using both.

the demo is for me too "popular", but it is interesting. some sounds remembered me of "the mouth", a reaktor instrument.
with some meldaproduction plugins you can achieve (after the fact, i.e. after recording, because the latency is large), a resynthesis of vocals, that i like. (MCharacter, MTransformer, MHarmonizer, Munison etc. the multiband frequency shifter and pitch shifter and ringmodulator plugins.)

but i am tempted, although i will wait. for the "normal" price.

It's not the quality of audio, it's the quality of production that matters.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm game changer. will be in every clear channel track for the next 5 years. if you have 100$ and several gigs to spare don't hesitate. the kids love this stuff.
Are you being serious?
Kids already know iZotope Vocalsynth and use it... and its at a mature version2.
Its not a gamechanger its been a synthwave standard and been for a while. Vocoders aint nothing new either.
That’s like saying WavesTune was a game changer. It wasn’t it was an autotune ripoff...

It’s the best vocoder I’ve used. Especially with no latency. Also good for bizarre effects and more. I know lots of folks don’t like waves on principal, but this thing is the only software that does what it does as well as it does.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Counting the days until they flog it for $29 :hihi:

atya wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:50 pm Counting the days until they flog it for $29 :hihi:
:lol:

vocal plguin?

pingu?

Ploki wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:58 am
Dasheesh wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm game changer. will be in every clear channel track for the next 5 years. if you have 100$ and several gigs to spare don't hesitate. the kids love this stuff.
Are you being serious?
Kids already know iZotope Vocalsynth and use it... and its at a mature version2.
Its not a gamechanger its been a synthwave standard and been for a while. Vocoders aint nothing new either.
That’s like saying WavesTune was a game changer. It wasn’t it was an autotune ripoff...
dont worry about dasheesh, hes scared of anyone under 40 and the future.

I may grab it for the 60 bucks they want now. Spent more for the infected mushroom vocal manglers. Always fun to do th Roger Troutman thing. It would be fun if they added a midi out.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just to say... worst titled thread evs. Thought it was odd no-one was talking about this release... maybe a lot more would if the thread had a different name. "Not one of the world's tallest mountains", "Not a history of land wars in Asia" and "Not a socio-political context of education reform" are all equally accurate, but personally I'd vote for something with "Waves" and "Ovox" in the name.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Effects”