Alchemy Player- CM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think the .camelsound/.zip files that were free are not encoded/signed with an authorization like the commercial ones.
Patch is named "Forest Lakota".

planetearth wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:57 pm
cocoazenith wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:43 pm Bought an older CM from eBay and I got Alchemy Player CM back! Of course it's missing one of the two patches I badly wanted and I hope the other one is in the 50 extra presets that Camel Audio offered when you registered an account on their website. The plug-in prompts me to get them when I first start it, but of course the website is dead now.

I know it's a shot in the dark but does anyone reading this have these 50 extra patches?

thanks!
I think I have all the extra patches Camel gave away, but the names of the library ZIP files are quite similar. Do you know which one it was?

Also, with the way Camel authorized installations and their libraries, I wouldn't put too much faith in being able to use some of these libraries if they weren't "authorized" for you before Camel disappeared/abandoned us. All the libraries I have work, but I've had them for 6 or 7 years, so....

Steve
Great! I think the .camelsound/.zip files that were free are not encoded/signed with an authorization like the commercial ones.

Anyway, the patch I am looking for is named "Forest Lakota".

cocoazenith wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:24 pm Great! I think the .camelsound/.zip files that were free are not encoded/signed with an authorization like the commercial ones.

I have that one yes--and it's pretty cool! I don't think I've ever heard it before. But do you know which library it came with? I have more than a dozen of them. Was it the "Taste of Camel" library? I assume it wasn't the "Factory" library. (I see I even have a "Digeridoo" library and I have no idea why. I know I wouldn't have bought that....)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:39 pm
cocoazenith wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:24 pm Great! I think the .camelsound/.zip files that were free are not encoded/signed with an authorization like the commercial ones.

I have that one yes--and it's pretty cool! I don't think I've ever heard it before. But do you know which library it came with? I have more than a dozen of them. Was it the "Taste of Camel" library? I assume it wasn't the "Factory" library. (I see I even have a "Digeridoo" library and I have no idea why. I know I wouldn't have bought that....)

Steve
It's either in the 50 extra free patches pack you got when registering an account on the Camel website (i'm not sure what the zip name is for that though - but i shouldn't be a big library megabyte wise) or Taste of Camel.

cocoazenith wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:01 am

Steve
It's either in the 50 extra free patches pack you got when registering an account on the Camel website (i'm not sure what the zip name is for that though - but i shouldn't be a big library megabyte wise) or Taste of Camel.
That's just it--they're all "big" libraries, with most being in the 400-500 MB range. Only the factory library is larger, among the ones I've bought, at least. And selecting the patch shows just a screenshot of Alchemy, instead of the image for any particular library.

Send me a PM, and I'll send you a link to the Player version of "Taste of Camel". If I can figure out what the 50 free patches might have been called, I'll include that, too.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

At 804 MB, the "Taste of Camel" library for the Player is much larger than the 579 MB "ToC" library for the full version of Alchemy. They should have the same number of samples, even if the patches don't have the same number of parameters.

I never liked their library system, and I'm sure if I ever have to re-install this, it's going to be a mess. :(

All that said, the patch you want is in the Factory library, apparently. I found this by opening the .CSV file that lists the patches for each library. I confirmed it by looking in the Factory samples folder on my machine. The "Forest Lakota" patch is in there, in the "Woodwinds" folder.

I have a "PlayerContentBonus" library (364 MB) and a "PlayerFactorySamples" library (576 MB). My guess is it would be in the "PlayerFactorySamples" library, though you're saying it came maybe with the "bonus content", right?

Steve

planetearth wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:39 pm I see I even have a "Digeridoo" library and I have no idea why. I know I wouldn't have bought that....
It was either a free download or maybe it was a bonus of another library (kind of like the bonus download that came with the Water library). It had a small number of patches. I remember liking them and used one of them in a performance. I may have only installed them on my iPad many years ago.

Steve
The didgeridoo patches were a later expansion to the factory library IIRC, not a separate library...

planetearth wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:00 am
cocoazenith wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:01 am

Steve
That's just it--they're all "big" libraries, with most being in the 400-500 MB range. Only the factory library is larger, among the ones I've bought, at least. And selecting the patch shows just a screenshot of Alchemy, instead of the image for any particular library.

Send me a PM, and I'll send you a link to the Player version of "Taste of Camel". If I can figure out what the 50 free patches might have been called, I'll include that, too.

Steve
PM sent.

Return to “Instruments”