Which is best? An NI Komplete Kontrol A61 or an Arturia KeyLab Essential 61 keyboard controller

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have you had any problems with these?

Got any prefs?

I use Studio One and need a new, bigger keyboard, without going as far as a NI S61 or an Arturia Keystep 61.

Currently using an NI S25 MK1.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Nektar Panorama T6

Hi Digivolt

Nektar T6 is £300.

It has nice features.

Have you made many maps for your plugs?

Was it easy? And effective? Is it easy to load the maps, or do they autoload, ie, recognise the plug and auto do the right thing?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Digivolt

sorry, one more question

Does Nektarine have a 4k hi res monitor gui?

Or is it more like Ni Komplete Kontrol where the plugin host is tiny on a 4k monitor?

Not sure if I can answer your extra questions, but I wanted to comment on the keyboards you suggested. The kontrol A series have good action that is semi-weighted while the arturia essential series has light synth action. It's very light. Kontrol works well with NI software, but arturia works well with their software. Both can be used as midi controllers. Arturia has faders and 8 pads, while kontrol doesn't. But kontrol has better keys.

You might be able to map better with the arturia because it has pads and faders, but I'm not sure how good their midi mapping is. I used to own a keylab 61 mk2 and I had difficulty assigning patch changes to the pads and buttons. Though I had some slight success, it wasn't what I wanted. You might have better success than me. I Ended up getting a kontrol s61 mk2.

3ptguitarist
I Ended up getting a kontrol s61 mk2
Maybe, but it's pricey.

I have an open mind as there's so many new keyboards out now, and wondered if members experiences might help me.

I have S25 MK1 and got left in the lurch by NI over their Studio One incompatibility, which is now fixed.

Never cared for Kontrol interface either. Reminds me of music with a condom :lol:

kevvvvv wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:59 pm Does Nektarine have a 4k hi res monitor gui?
I don't use Nektarine sorry as the compatibility that exists already with Studio One is enough to suit my needs

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”