Korg - MS20 re-issue, fullsize ... MS20 FS

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If it's a release for the current generation, shouldn't they have a rainbow version...maybe with a bit of glitter?

Personally, not sure I see the market in this for the price. I'm the kind of fanboy that should salivate over this too. I have an original, got the legacy VSTi, and will no doubt at some point splash out for the mini version (insurance for if my original ever dies...already looking a bit rusty). You just can't have enough MS20 goodness. But would I pay $1400 for a full size? When I see things like the new Wavestate for $1000? And the Behringer stuff at half that?

Mmmmmm....

kritikon wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:13 pm If it's a release for the current generation, shouldn't they have a rainbow version...maybe with a bit of glitter?

Personally, not sure I see the market in this for the price. I'm the kind of fanboy that should salivate over this too. I have an original, got the legacy VSTi, and will no doubt at some point splash out for the mini version (insurance for if my original ever dies...already looking a bit rusty). You just can't have enough MS20 goodness. But would I pay $1400 for a full size? When I see things like the new Wavestate for $1000? And the Behringer stuff at half that?

Mmmmmm....
I get the feeling that Korg does limited editions for these - all about the buzz talk that follow.

I read at Korg forum that Arp 2600 fs is 400 units manufactured only. No more to be made.

That is setting a mark in synth history, kind of....and psychology of sales.

You present top shelf models - of cars or synths or whatever - and know that is for a limited market. But then you are branded - and most of us are happy to take something off the middle or low shelfs.

I guess they go for purists with (very) deep pockets... Always been very interested in this synth but this price is over the top imo. I guess 1000 euro should suffice, no? The mini is around 500 euro.
(If I am correctly informed the amount of circuitry in this FS is quite limited. Most is just empty space. They get the same circuitry in the mini so what is so different except the case? )

Stefken wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:21 am They get the same circuitry in the mini

the ms20 mini does not have the same circuitry as the ms20-M / ms20-FS

if you want to talk about the size of the PCB board ... sure, I guess, I mean it's not much of a point, but if that's the point you want to make - go right ahead.

But phrasing it as you have, is quite simply wrong. the circuitry is not the same on the mini. there is more function and much less noise on the ms20-M & ms20-FS. is it worth the extra dough ? I don't know, but the fact is - it's not the same circuitry.

Build quality and significant noise/hiss in the audio signal are two common, pretty much unanimous, complaints of the ms20 mini that do not exist for the ms20-M, and will almost certainly not exist for the ms20-FS. not to mention the added functionality of those more premium units.

again, argue about whether it is worth the extra money ... but at least make your arguments factually accurate / complete and honest.

Can someone delete that looping GIF of Trump? It’s causing me indigestion while reading this page.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Congrats on taking one element of my text, ignoring the rest and making it into a crime of sorts?

Ok, good point stating that the mini does have more noise. But you could just have stated that without any attacks right? Also notice my sentence : if I am correctly informed.... I guess you didn't see that either.

My main argument was that there isn't all that much circuitry in there. At a pricepoint very similar to the Pro 3, the Pro 3 packs a lot more functionality so this is a heavy pricetag.

Have a great day.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:40 pm Can someone delete that looping GIF of Trump?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jopsh1n4QUY

BARF
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Double barf.

Well, that's the first word kids learn. I guess he didn't get much further than that.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”