vurt - the telex codex

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Definitely sounds like a lighter that isn't doing its job. Still, you seem high enough as it is, judging by the rest of the piece...

Wife comes in last night: "Issat Vurt?" :D
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

what reverb are you using?

At the beginning I kept expecting Burial-style samples to appear. Very intriguing stuff....

[In another thread in Site Stuff you shrugged about my commenting about Music Cafe, as if it wan't really my place as I don't post here. I last posted my own music here about 7 years ago. Haven't felt like it or finished a tune since. Doesn't mean I don't watch the place though or don't have a right to post questions about this forum does it? FYI I started coming back more regularly to listen after posting/commenting on DT's tune a few months ago, he seems like a good man and I liked his tune, so I posted. Ciao.]

sjm wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:15 pm Definitely sounds like a lighter that isn't doing its job. Still, you seem high enough as it is, judging by the rest of the piece...
:o that sounds like my worst nightmare...

yup, its been good stuff over the holdiays :drunk:
thanks for listening :D

Bombadil wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:33 am Wife comes in last night: "Issat Vurt?" :D
she knows her stuff :D

mguerrero90 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:32 pm what reverb are you using?
that was the onboard "space" from the supercell module.
which is a beefed up clouds, which i believe (don't quote me) is the same algorithm as the erbe verb (they definitely sound similar)

samsam wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:18 am At the beginning I kept expecting Burial-style samples to appear. Very intriguing stuff....

[In another thread in Site Stuff you shrugged about my commenting about Music Cafe, as if it wan't really my place as I don't post here. I last posted my own music here about 7 years ago. Haven't felt like it or finished a tune since. Doesn't mean I don't watch the place though or don't have a right to post questions about this forum does it? FYI I started coming back more regularly to listen after posting/commenting on DT's tune a few months ago, he seems like a good man and I liked his tune, so I posted. Ciao.]
wasn't suggesting you had no right, not my place or intent.
the café should of course welcome all :)

i was more "surprised" to see it was non café regulars (not just you) who seemed to take the most issue, just seemed odd.

thanks for listening :)

vurt wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:53 pm
mindstuff wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:44 am Now all you need is a kick drum and hihat and you have a techno track!
i dont do drums... :scared:
Congrats - Reznor had to spend all his royalties from "Closer" to build a room of hardware to do just that. Cool soundscape.

Also, may I nominate "I don''t do drums" KVR quote of the month, or somesuch? ;)

JoeCat wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:01 pm
mindstuff wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:44 am Now all you need is a kick drum and hihat and you have a techno track!
Congrats - Reznor had to spend all his royalties from "Closer" to build a room of hardware to do just that. Cool soundscape.

Also, may I nominate "I don''t do drums" KVR quote of the month, or somesuch? ;)
thanks for listening 8)
reznor knows what hes doing though :lol:

i believe quote of the year, is being voted on as we speak ;)

Loved it...

I think I actually 'became' Sigourney Weaver / lieutenant Ripley at one point...there was a sudden movement beyond my door on the landing at around 2 mins and I nearly sh#t myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF2fXtAHCmQ
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:41 pm Loved it...

I think I actually 'became' Sigourney Weaver / lieutenant Ripley at one point...there was a sudden movement beyond my door on the landing at around 2 mins and I nearly sh#t myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF2fXtAHCmQ
ooh sexy :love:
sorry you nearly shat yourself :oops:

eeeeeeveryone goes on about bladerunner around here, but the alien and aliens films are far, far better. (we can ignore 3, although its fun. 4 is abysmal and should be avoided at all costs. i think id rather be a host for a chestburster than sit through 4 again.)

thanks for listening :)

Mind you, I was thinking in the same vain here, or perhaps that is my personal approach I will be trying to follow through on. Don't be too surprised that at some point I may ask your permission to remix into experimental techno; though still needing to learn a bit more.

Was checking teh supercell machine you mentioned somewhere in the post; nice stuff man!

All in all; it used to be a great pleasure hearing you meander in electronic pastures.
It still is a bloody great pleasure too!
Get's ma fingers itchin'

mystahr wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:40 pm
Mind you, I was thinking in the same vain here, or perhaps that is my personal approach I will be trying to follow through on. Don't be too surprised that at some point I may ask your permission to remix into experimental techno; though still needing to learn a bit more.

Was checking teh supercell machine you mentioned somewhere in the post; nice stuff man!

All in all; it used to be a great pleasure hearing you meander in electronic pastures.
It still is a bloody great pleasure too!
Get's ma fingers itchin'

yeah, feel free to remix, this or anything of mine :tu:

glad you enjoyed the ride and feel inspired, cant ask for moar!
good to see you around again, happy new year 8)

vurt,
Thank you for the review! It is my policy to "return the favor" whether you like it or not. ;) Now your recording: sounds pretty trippy. Sounds like a sound/Foley track for some bizarre movie involving a faulty cigarette lighter....in the year 2094, while trimming the bushes (the vegetation variety!) in the backyard.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “Music Cafe”