IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
electro
KVRAF
4632 posts since 6 May, 2002

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:06 am

ElKabong wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:44 pm
You have to wonder how much of a "survey" this really was since the final list of gear was announced like immediately after the poll closed. I was glad to see the 5150 and the Rockman (the 5150 currently in Amplitube 4 is the same one from version 3, and it is not very convincing these days). But I was bummed to see them opting for bog standard Boss pedals that no one really cares about and clearly ignoring the cool shit that no one else has modeled (ultra harmonizer and Eventide 949, especially). Something tells me they never had any intention of trying to model those--just wanted the publicity of the survey.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... harmonizer
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

imrae
KVRian
1014 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:56 am

electro wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:49 am
imrae wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:08 am
An updated 5150 would be nice, the current one is still gen 3 I think?
You've never tried TSE X50II?
https://www.tseaudio.com/home
Pretty happy with Kazrog Psycho C !

ElKabong
KVRer
12 posts since 9 Feb, 2019

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:43 am

electro wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:49 am
imrae wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:08 am
An updated 5150 would be nice, the current one is still gen 3 I think?
You've never tried TSE X50II?
https://www.tseaudio.com/home
I've tried TSE, and Kazrog, and Bias. None really impressed me. All sounded too fizzy and brittle. For a real 5150 tone that sounds like the actual amp I own, the only one that comes close other than Axe-FX for me is the one in ReValver 4. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing if IK can do a better job on this one than they did whenever they came with the Metal-Lead-V.

ElKabong
KVRer
12 posts since 9 Feb, 2019

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:47 am

electro wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:06 am
ElKabong wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:44 pm
You have to wonder how much of a "survey" this really was since the final list of gear was announced like immediately after the poll closed. I was glad to see the 5150 and the Rockman (the 5150 currently in Amplitube 4 is the same one from version 3, and it is not very convincing these days). But I was bummed to see them opting for bog standard Boss pedals that no one really cares about and clearly ignoring the cool shit that no one else has modeled (ultra harmonizer and Eventide 949, especially). Something tells me they never had any intention of trying to model those--just wanted the publicity of the survey.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... harmonizer
Right. My point was that no one else (other than the company that invented the thing) has modeled it; and I just didn't believe that IK was going to provide one in an expansion pack that they'll sell for like $120, especially when Eventide wants you to buy a $1700+ bundle or get sucked into a monthly subscription scheme just to get it. And the timing of the survey vis-a-vis the release of the official list tells me that they weren't really considering it at all.

benjamind
KVRian
1160 posts since 4 Aug, 2004 from Ain't tellin' ya...

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:24 pm

I have a feeling that eventually we'll have a complete rock band ITB - well we already do if you count sampled guitars, but I'm not a fan of sampled anything and prefer modeled. Hopefully within a couple years our wish will be true.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

jamcat
KVRist
64 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:07 pm

Totally agree about modeled.

Pianoteq, Organteq, Arché Collection, and MODO have seriously upped my game. Just need modeled guitars now...

The best part is being able to travel light and work on the road from my laptop. Large sample libraries made that impractical in the extreme.

Stringzy
KVRist
297 posts since 3 May, 2019

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:59 am

why choose those garbage Boss drive pedals.

Joe has 80's MIJ Boss DD-2 and CE-2 in his closet, why not those? far more interesting than your tired DS-1. meh.

this Collection is lackluster. I'm waiting on Gilmour.

you can't half-ass Gilmour, guys, find Bjorn Riis in the depth of Norwegian forests and cave in with the man for the premium gilmourizing.

did I mention the owner of gilmourish dot com owns Amplitube? yes he does. just don't tell anyone. his boutique analogue pedal sponsors will get a stroke.

User avatar
Tj Shredder
KVRAF
3993 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:00 am

Stringzy wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:59 am
did I mention the owner of gilmourish dot com owns Amplitube? yes he does. just don't tell anyone. his boutique analogue pedal sponsors will get a stroke.
Too late, you did it already... :hihi:

electro
KVRAF
4632 posts since 6 May, 2002

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:14 am

jamcat wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:07 pm
Totally agree about modeled.

Pianoteq, Organteq, Arché Collection, and MODO have seriously upped my game. Just need modeled guitars now...

The best part is being able to travel light and work on the road from my laptop. Large sample libraries made that impractical in the extreme.
Realstrat 5 by Musiclab is already extremely close to what a modeled E-guitar is going to sound like. The only question is the real-time playability from a standard piano keybed.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

bill45
KVRAF
2457 posts since 15 Jun, 2006

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 pm

What is the release date?

User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
6893 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:26 am

bill45 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 pm
What is the release date?
We expect to release AmpliTube Joe Satriani this month (February 2020).
EXPOSED (as sounding ******* fantastic!) Tipping over armchairs for over 10 years
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb | AmpliTube Joe Satriani | AmpliTube Brian May

bill45
KVRAF
2457 posts since 15 Jun, 2006

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Thanks Peter. Any more videos or audio demos?

jamcat
KVRist
64 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:26 am
bill45 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 pm
What is the release date?
We expect to release AmpliTube Joe Satriani this month (February 2020).
Is this still accurate?

jinotsuh
KVRist
397 posts since 31 May, 2008 from Australia

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:42 pm

jamcat wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:30 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:26 am
bill45 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 pm
What is the release date?
We expect to release AmpliTube Joe Satriani this month (February 2020).
Is this still accurate?
+1
Yes, is it?

The main thing I hate about the Pre Order thing, is the wait, just seems longer if you have already paid for it :wink:

jamcat
KVRist
64 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Re: IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

Post Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:53 am

The silence here speaks volumes.

No audio. No video. No forum response.
No AmpliTube Joe Satriani.

Return to “Effects”