Oddity 1 to 2, update worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm considering to go v2, even though i still dig v1 very much.
I would make good use of the new features though..

Have "the sound" of the synth changed much?
Can i load my old patches in the new one?

(no, I don't dig the korg version much)

I can't offhand remember if v2 can load v1 patches, but I *think* the sound engine was improved. I know there are more filters in v2. I think the upgrade is worth it.
A well-behaved signature.

I'm not always a fan of "improvement", but I'll check it out! If anyone can do it, it's G-F.

Thanks!

steffensen wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:33 am I'm considering to go v2, even though i still dig v1 very much.
I would make good use of the new features though..

Have "the sound" of the synth changed much?
Can i load my old patches in the new one?

(no, I don't dig the korg version much)
have you ever considered just trying the thing out and download the demo? best decision is your own decision dont be a puppet or a sheep. You have your brain, use it. :)

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products ... o_download

That's the plan, after work.

steffensen wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:58 am That's the plan, after work.
Dont mean to offend, but why then create such a useless thread if you are going to try it anyways? dont you realise that you just trash the forum? When you need some information, i mean real useful information, you have to dig deep thro this kind of meaningless threads like this you just created which wastes everyones elses time :? dont you ever think about that? :? believe me, thats not nice at all.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:03 am
Dont mean to offend, but why then create such a useless thread if you are going to try it anyways? dont you realise that you just trash the forum? When you need some information, i mean real useful information, you have to dig deep thro this kind of meaningless threads like this you just created which wastes everyones elses time :? dont you ever think about that? :? believe me, thats not nice at all.
Elektronish is on a mission

You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:24 am

yes i am, why is this funny to you? dont you realise that by making fun of a good vs bad behaviour you only encourage such anti-communal behaviour?

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:32 am

yes i am, why is this funny to you? dont you realise that by making fun of a good vs bad behaviour you only encourage such anti-communal behaviour?
Idk, i think the OP post was perfectly on topic, isn't the whole forum about sharing experience/opinions about plugins, upgrades etc? Not interested in this particular topic, just move on.

I should have moved on myself, but most your posts I've seen lately were about telling others what they should or shouldn't do which is indeed somewhat funny. If you are concerned that much about it, become a mod? (but better don't )
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:09 am
Elektronisch wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:32 am

Idk, i think the OP post was perfectly on topic, isn't the whole forum about sharing experience/opinions about plugins, upgrades etc? Not interested in this particuilar topic, just move on.

I should have moved on myself, but most your posts I've seen lately were about telling others what they should or shouldn't do which is indeed somewhat funny. If you are concerned that much about it, become a mod? (but better don't )
But here is the problem, what you think does not correlate with existing subforums and rules for this forum. There are reasons why these rules are made, there are reasons why categories like Getting Started, Offtopic ect. are created. As example this is clearly a getting started topic. Why the topic creator put it here, i have no idea, probably doesnt care about reading describtions or rules or others.

Back to topic.

Yes, the upgrade is worth it.

And the best arguments are written in these two articles: I did myself the upgrade recently, and honestly I don't regret it, it's like having a brand new synth! And in addition I have the one made by Korg in its Korg collection... It's really like having three very different Odysseys, the Korg's one being the closest to the original and Oddity 2 bringing lots of new features which extend a lot the palette of inspiration.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

V2 is a totally different synth. The difference polyphony and the modulation system brings can’t be overstated. And third oscillator even. It can sound just like the original but of course has two new filter versions as well. The original is probably about a third of the capabilities of v2.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:22 am ...As example this is clearly a getting started topic. Why the topic creator put it here, i have no idea, probably doesnt care about reading describtions or rules or others.
Maybe, since the OP has been a member of KVR since 2003, the OP thinks he's passed the "getting started" stage.
Besides, a discussion of the 2 versions may help others' who are thinking about upgrading.

Googly Smythe :ud:

Anyway,
Thanks to the fenomenal comments and thoughts provided in here i decided to give the Korg Oddy a new chance.
And i went 180.
Oddy 2 is fantastic as you all say, and i will get it eventually (!), but i felt that i had "the tone" of it already with v1 while i didn't have the tone of the Korg. (as mentioned)
So, i went with their sale and I'm happy I did!

Wouldn't have happened without you guys, thanks for that!

Oddy 2 is on my list though, just fantastic..

Return to “Instruments”