Korg Wavestation VST $24.99 !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks;

Found the Korg Wavestation VST half price. I bought it for $24.99.
Wow. such great 90's sounds. I find it even better sounding that My original Roland D-50, which I played nightly for over 10 years.

It comes with 1500 sounds (all the ROM and RAM cards for all Wavestation models.)
No, I don't work for them. :ud:
Some deals on other VST legacy models too.

https://korg.shop/korg-collection-waves ... re=english

Mike

IMHO These legacy plugins are on lower price for a long while.
For example M1 is also ~25. Korg sells the current "flagship" Triton for ~200,
and it's like an improved m1. I don't know, they will ever create the new version of M1 after releasing triton, But who knows... they promised gui update of legacy stuff years ago.

Yes, I agree the GUI is very dated. But the Wavestation sounds are great. A good deal IMHO.
I see the MS-20, Poly six, and M1 are @ $25....
https://korg.shop/software/korg-collection-series.html

The best thing about the ridiculous price gap between the Wavestation and the Triton is it shows that Korg understands that old, crappy, tiny UIs destroy the value of an otherwise great plugin, which leads me to believe they will most likely update their old, crappy, tiny UIs.

trackbout wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:35 pm The best thing about the ridiculous price gap between the Wavestation and the Triton is it shows that Korg understands that old, crappy, tiny UIs destroy the value of an otherwise great plugin, which leads me to believe they will most likely update their old, crappy, tiny UIs.
+1 :clap:

It really is way, way past time for them to get around to this.

I missed that they’d made the Triton vsti. :dog:

That’s awesome

I don't think there will be any update for the GUI for the legacy synths, otherwise they wouldn't sell them that cheap!

Here's a screenshot showing the 18 ram/rom/expansion cards available. They also give you more free downloadable patches.
A no-brainer, even if the GUI is so, uh, elderly...

5511_gjimg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I like all digital Korg workstations very much, for 25 dollars this is a no brainer.

It is tempting, but the whole tie the activation to your sound card (EDIT: I meant network card) thing kind of kills it for me.
Last edited by Devastator on Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

It’s getting old that Korg don’t seem interested in updating their older plugins and only focus on new releases. I kind of regret buying the Collection now...

Devastator wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 am It is tempting, but the whole tie the activation to your sound card thing kind of kills it for me.
Huh? Are you joking and how does that work?

Doc Brown wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:58 am
Devastator wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:44 am It is tempting, but the whole tie the activation to your sound card thing kind of kills it for me.
Huh? Are you joking and how does that work?
Damn, I meant to write network card, not sound card. :dog:

I bought the legacy collection then sold my account, then regreted that. I bought it again with another email and bought also the fantastic odessey emulation. All gone well.
However, now I only see mono/poly registered with my account, where are the others?!
I just feel tired from Korg software and their protection scheme. Their support is almost not existing. For now, they all working, but I will just not install them again (unless of course they update the GUI! But I don't believe in miracles!).

EnGee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:49 am I don't think there will be any update for the GUI for the legacy synths, otherwise they wouldn't sell them that cheap!
+1

Return to “Instruments”