Scuffham Amps 2.9 Release...Paid Update???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"S-Gear v2.9 will include:
Support for HiDPI Displays
Scalable GUI
Improved Preset management system
Redwirez ‘Remastered’ Cabinet options
New license system allowing up to 3 machine activations
Added VST3 plug-in format on Windows
Please also note:
S-Gear v2.9 is now 64bit only
S-Gear v2.9 is comprehensive update of S-Gear code, built using the latest SDKs (Software Development Kits) for Operating Systems and Plug-in formats. The update will allow us to provide support and compatibility for operating systems going forward. It is an important next step in the on-going development of the S-Gear software."

It was known for months (or is it over a year now) that it will be a paid update.

Well, there you go...I guess I am the very definition of someone who is not in the know. Anyways, I think I will just put the money into a slab of beer

If you pay for the 2.9 you get the next V3 cheaper apparently.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Would be nice to choose where to install dll's.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm Well, there you go...I guess I am the very definition of someone who is not in the know. Anyways, I think I will just put the money into a slab of beer

I think I'm witchu on this one.

Well, $29 isn’t that much and to be fair I got the custom 57 in a free update a while ago. An updated scalable interface could be nice, hopefully the legibility of the tiny font size in the current version will be improved. VST3 is fine but nothing to write home about.
I’m not really happy with the move away from ilok to some unknown machine based auth system.
Not the most exciting update, all in all. If I’m going to buy it I expect some really nice things in V3 (some stomp boxes at least).

zentatonic wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:06 pm
jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:52 pm Well, there you go...I guess I am the very definition of someone who is not in the know. Anyways, I think I will just put the money into a slab of beer

I think I'm witchu on this one.
+1
I'll be joining as well.

Personally I never thought that much of S-Gear, highly overrated IMO, haven't even fired it up it for years, so for me paying to update would just be a waste, even if it is only $29. It would just sit there with the likes of Thermionik, Guitar Rig, TH2/3/-U, etc etc etc gathering virtual dust year in year out.
Say NO to CLAP!

Given the upgrade voucher expires at the end of the year, I'm going to wait a bit and get it at a later date.

morelia wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:04 pm Would be nice to choose where to install dll's.
It's just downright rude not to provide the user a choice, at least for VST 2.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

If I'm not mistaken, the last amp sim added was the Custom 57 in the summer of 2014. That's not a lot of progress for the past 5-1/2 years.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

For Windows users it's good to know they now support Windows10 only. Installer won't run in Windows7.

Question for those that upgraded and use Cubase. Have they fixed the graphical issue in Cubase 10/10.5 where the lower half of the screen is blank until you click the AB button?

rollasoc wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:44 am Question for those that upgraded and use Cubase. Have they fixed the graphical issue in Cubase 10/10.5 where the lower half of the screen is blank until you click the AB button?
Screen shot please. As I am reading it I have never had that. Cubendo Mac/PC.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”