tevirtualmidi64 gone, now what?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That driver used to show up in the Midi input list in my DAW, now it is gone. Oddly, I still see it in the Windows system folder where it is supposed to be. But I might have deleted it from certain lists as I was trying to get my Korg keyboard to run again.

How can I get it to show up in the list again? Without it it seems my Midi keyboard is more broken than already before.

I don't even know where it originally came from, I don't remember ever installing it, must have come with some program I suppose.

tevirtualmidi64
is this->
https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software ... lmidi.html

A virtual MIDI cable, allowing MIDI to be routed on pc

It is included in some OS installs these days.
It was on my system when I got my computer new, but it didn't work.
If you'd like the MIDI cable to work, I think uninstall the current install, then reinstall with the version from the link. That's what I had to do.

I'm not sure whether Windows or Dell included it on my system originally

How is your keyboard broken? Is it a hardware problem, or can we fix some sort of bugged behaviour?

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I had found that site as well, but I didn't know what to do with that SDK thingy.

By the way, in my original post I had confused the list where tevirtualmidi64 was listed. It was not in the DAW's Midi input list, but in the list of Midi drivers in the uninstall utility of the Korg driver software. From there it had disappeared.

Anyway, the problem with my Korg Midi keyboard is that it started to go on and off randomly, for hours it would not send Midi data, then it went on again, and off, and on...
The Korg support said their driver was not the problem, but I disagree. By uninstalling the Korg Midi driver I could make the keyboard work again for a while, which is ironic 8) But I grew tired of uninstalling it a couple of times every day.

Meanwhile I have replaced the Korg with my old Roland (also broken, but mechanically/electrically, the pitch bend lever), it runs flawlessly, even without that tevirtualmidi64 thingy.

maybe use the 5-pin din MIDI port on the Korg? What soundcard do u have, does it have a MIDI port? That might work flawless

The Korg does not have a classic Midi port, only USB.
Never mind, I will risk getting the same Roland again, hoping the pitch bend lever will not break again (repairing it would cost 100 euros plus shipping, according to the shop where I bought it :P ) :? And I will sell the Korg, maybe it works flawlessly on someone else's computer. But I can't imagine that I am the only one experiencing such problems because Korg uses the same Midi driver for zillions of products.

damn mate,
I would have thought Korg would be solid
--well I hope you get a real nice board happening, no frustration with the Roland

I have this Korg one here, an X5- that could be cheap second hand?
--but I'm not a keyboard player, just like all, mentioning what know/am aware of

Thanks.
Unfortunately Roland does not make a 61-key version of the A-49, would be cool. That was the main reason why I got the Korg MicroKey 2 in the first place, 5 octaves without switching :)

Your synth, which I had never heard of before, seems to have classic Midi connectors, they are much more reliable than USB :tu: Wow, it is a quarter of a century old :D

Here is the long list of devices Korg uses the same driver for:
https://www.korg.com/us/support/downloa ... /151/3541/

I think Korg re-evaluated the driver thing - if new Wavestate they list as class compliant usb.

I got Prologue librarian work, but had to uninstall any trace of librarian and driver for KingKorg first, since Prologue librarian kept saying "Korg midi driver is needed" even if that latest was installed over what was there before. If I let everything be automatic - it works with Prologue. If I select any listed ports - it doesn't.

Separate midi interfaces with their own drivers, is way to go, I think. The product itself depend on it - and they usually know how to do it. So not getting any usb based gear at all - it has to be din midi connectors.

nix808 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:49 am tevirtualmidi64
is this->
https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software ... lmidi.html

A virtual MIDI cable, allowing MIDI to be routed on pc
...actually that is the device-driver below rtpMIDI/loopMIDI which allows creation
of virtual MIDI ports. The driver by itself does nothing without an application on
top of it that uses it...
It is included in some OS installs these days.
It was on my system when I got my computer new, but it didn't work.
I'm not sure whether Windows or Dell included it on my system originally
No computer-manufacturer should have installed that driver out of the box,
as they would not have the necessary license to do so.

But the driver might have been installed by some other application that
includes this driver licensed for use with their product...

If this driver actually DID come out-of-the-box with a new PC, I would be
really interested in finding out more about it :o

Best regards,
Tobias

Maybe it would help to check the install date of your driver, namely if it matches that of most of the other system files installed with Windows. Or that of some music software installed later.

Do you have a list of developers you have licensed that driver to?

Is that driver in any way unique or does music software work without it as well?

Hi tobias
I guess it's possible that another program installed it,
very early as I was setting up my computer,
I found that loopMIDI was installed but inoperable,
I needed to uninstall and then use the install from your website.
I don't know how it got there,
the icon was a yellow DIN plug iirc, not the monochrome one
The system is Dell Alienware Area 51 R4
If I ever have to reinstall the OS, I will look for it again

Thanks a million for your app- I use it every day

I'm resurrecting this conversation to ask if anyone knows where I can download the teVirtualMIDI-driver file.

For some reason it is apparently not on my computer.

When I call up the rtpMIDI app (on Windows 10) and click a box in My Sessions (or the Enabled box), a message pops up telling me "Possibly the teVirtualMIDI-driver has not been installed!".

But I can't find a source from which I can download and install it.

Thanks.

I'm having the same issue. I had to delete midi ports to get my minilogue to work, and now my ports in loop midi are gone, and my PushER and Clyphx ports are gone... AAARGHH

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I just fixed by re-installing loop midi here : )

http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html (http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”