Similar artist ?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm happy to announce the , much delayed, release of the first maxi single / mini EP "Fade Away" from Spiritual Machinery.

Apart from the original track the EP also contains a remix by long time collaboration partner Laurent Bourgeon as well as a remix by Nori Ubukata.

The EP is also available as digital download, streaming and physical CD / vinyl.

For more details see our website: http://spiritualmachinery.eu

By the way - do you guys know any artist similar to this track(s) ?
Feedback is always appreciated :)

Enjoy :-)

http://spiritualmachinery.bandcamp.com/album/fade-away
Last edited by sfd on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

EDIT: Chkanged link.

Sounds good. Very clean mix. Vocalist is excellent.

very fine musicianship agreed
really resonant piano

the bitcrushed drums have my heart,
coz I always do that- but maybe a drummer could sit in too?

just beautiful vocals, intertwining well with the melodies

nice art!- I have slightly different taste but yeah, nice one

nix808 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 am very fine musicianship agreed
really resonant piano

the bitcrushed drums have my heart,
coz I always do that- but maybe a drummer could sit in too?

just beautiful vocals, intertwining well with the melodies

nice art!- I have slightly different taste but yeah, nice one
Thank you for all the good words and for listening to the tracks ! :-)

I think Nori's version got a bit of a Phil Collins (In The Air Tonight) feel to it.

Laurnt is actually a drummer. But he got STIX doing the drumming for him :-)

wagtunes wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:35 pm Sounds good. Very clean mix. Vocalist is excellent.
Thanks wags ! :-)

I only mixed the original version. Nori and Laurent mixed their own version that I then mastered. Or shall I say "mastered" :-)

We started this in late August. So as you can imagine there has been a zillion reincarnations of those tracks up until now :-)

Which one of the tracks, if any, do you like the most? :-)

Do anyone of you guys know any artists simmilar to this track ?

I like "In The Dark Of Night" best. The others are well done as well, but that one is very strong. As a further silly observation, listening alone it sounds stronger than the youtube video you posted last year. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the video, except it seemingly distracts from the impact of the song. Maybe because watching the video I was trying to figure out how "commercialized" was the endeavor or whatever. So maybe a video with just a fairly neutral non-motion screenshot rather than trying to tell a story would be more effective. Or maybe not. I do not watch TV and don't even have a TV hooked up in the house since wife passed away, so "ordinary people" might react differently.

JCJR wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:17 am I like "In The Dark Of Night" best. The others are well done as well, but that one is very strong. As a further silly observation, listening alone it sounds stronger than the youtube video you posted last year. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the video, except it seemingly distracts from the impact of the song. Maybe because watching the video I was trying to figure out how "commercialized" was the endeavor or whatever. So maybe a video with just a fairly neutral non-motion screenshot rather than trying to tell a story would be more effective. Or maybe not. I do not watch TV and don't even have a TV hooked up in the house since wife passed away, so "ordinary people" might react differently.
Oh, thank you so much !
And thank you for taking your time to listen to the other songs as well. I didn't expect anyone to do that . :-)

By the way. YouTube Sound -Recording actually generated a "still" video for that song. But after I posted the video the YouTube Sound Recording video was replaced with the "official" version.

And - yes, I do think you've got a good point there. Sometimes a music video is distracting. Sometimes it's a bit of the opposite. A song can tend to be better when watching the video.

There's one particular thing I'm not happy about whit this video. In the beginning there's a short sequence where Natalia looks into the camera. That sort of spoils the whole magic. I didn't paid any attention to that until much later.

Return to “Music Cafe”