Rob Papen - Impressions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:09 pmPopen!
:lol:

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:43 am
hivkorn wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 pm Get phase plant, avenger and spire...sad but RP is outdated...
You are outdated
sure ! i need an upgrade :D

layzer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:19 pm
hivkorn wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:36 pm
plexuss wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:43 pm
hivkorn wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 pm Get phase plant, avenger and spire...sad but RP is outdated...
Outdated in what way? I have the RP bundle and it's great. The synths sound excellent and there is a lot to choose from. Many have been updated with scalable UIs and there are some new synths. I think they release at least a synth and effect every year. They are top tier as far as I am concerned, in the same class as U-he but a little more out-of-the-box. And the effects are really good too with some unique approaches.
i forget to say , only my opinion .... :wink:
theres this dated distortion plugin from like, 2005 called Cyanide 2 that can make any plugin sound as abrasive and obnoxious as any "modern sounding synth" out now.
http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php
i know this plugin since a long long time , but there's not 64 bits version...

DJErmac wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:11 am
fmr wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:33 pm Jon Ayres is top in what concerns soft synth creation. I don't know what you mean by 90's, but considering how people still want synths like the Roland JD-800/JD-990 or XV-5080, or the Korg Triton and Z1, I don't think sounding 90's (whatever the meaning) is a bad thing :roll:
True, but it's because you're not answering the OP, you're talking about your very personal/and other's tastes. Yes or no can we read he's NOT looking for an outdated sound ?
alexbaroni wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm Rob Popen seems to be outdated for me, so I left it for the end to check.

Any experience here?
Thank you
I guess you're right,but anyone that refers to ANY musical instrument (not just synths, ANY) with the adjective "outdated" is to be laughed about.

Isn't the electric guitar outdated? The electric bass? Maybe the piano, or the acoustic guitar has no place in music anymore... They are all "so" outdated :hihi:

And in what concerns synths, what would you say about the Minimoog, or the ARP 2600? They come from the late 60s. How outdated is that?
Fernando (FMR)

All dis talk bout how dis synth or dat synth dont shine no more, I dont fink yo people know wha-ya talkin' bout. You can still make interestin' musik on just-bout anyfin. Bwetta go back to da drawin' board and work wit wa-ya already gotst

OP, pleeze change the Popen to Papen - every time I read it, I'm reminded of "Popeln", which is German for "picking your nose".

ariston wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:39 pm OP, pleeze change the Popen to Papen - every time I read it, I'm reminded of "Popeln", which is German for "picking your nose".
alexbaroni wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm Hi. I´m looking to buy Rum Popeln eXplorer6 (all products with special price). I have almost all most famous VSTi on the market (Ominisphere, All U-he, NI Komplete 12 Special Edition, All Arturia plug-ins, and much more,,,).

I like to explore all products from the market. Rum Popeln seems to be outdated for me, so I left it for the end to check.

Any experience here?
Thank you
"It dreamed itself along"

That's almost unbearably cute! Popeln is never outdated. :lol:

maybe theres a synth on his nose, thats why he keeps pushing it :)

I think Rob Papen synths have a very similar sound and Blue II seems like the best of everything. I can see someone wanting a more simple version like go to or vector but Blue 2 does most of it. Very nice sound.

dune_rave wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:01 pm maybe theres a synth on her nose, thats why she keeps pushing it :)
Analog Synthositis consists in Sinusitis Squareositis and Sawositis :idea:
"It dreamed itself along"

Done....
mellotronaut wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:36 pm
ariston wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:39 pm OP, pleeze change the Popen to Papen - every time I read it, I'm reminded of "Popeln", which is German for "picking your nose".
alexbaroni wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm Hi. I´m looking to buy Rum Popeln eXplorer6 (all products with special price). I have almost all most famous VSTi on the market (Ominisphere, All U-he, NI Komplete 12 Special Edition, All Arturia plug-ins, and much more,,,).

I like to explore all products from the market. Rum Popeln seems to be outdated for me, so I left it for the end to check.

Any experience here?
Thank you

I wish there was an Explorer RE bundle, even though the catalogue of plugins there is more limited & not as up-to-date (Predator & Punch are in v1) :(

For many reasons I prefer REs to VSTs (full rack integration, easy install/activation/update, etc.), now more than ever since they can be used in Bitwig or S1 as well.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

just saying something is dated means absolutely nothing and actually sounds ignorant.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”