Future of Synthesizers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:22 pm I dont see any domination of jp virus and nord leads except in forums like KVR. And then its only more of a legend status, romantised incredible sounding synths that are only talked about.
Haha, yeah those synths are among the most requested here. Probably because they were so popular with the dance/trance artists in Europe. You know, Novation, Nord, Roland VA's for that classic multisaw/supersaw sound from the 90's.

And many recent VSTi's from Dutch, German and other European manufacturers keep that legacy alive.

psynical wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:05 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:39 pm Machine learning will unlikely produce new sounds
Obviously you've never spent much time playing with ganbreeder. I work mainly in photography and retouching... the images created by machine learning are unlike anything i've ever seen in decades of my profession. Applying the same process to sound will more than likely output similar results.
It's going to take a little while though, since resolution is still an issue with image synthesis.
That is interesting, I googled ganbreeder and spent some time at https://artbreeder.com/ . It is, a kind of new picture fx, and at the same time it was underwhelming!
You would still need human creativity to add expression, something meaningful. Its a bit like randomizing presets.
No, nothing there what I would call new. Of course that method of using AI can lead to new expressions, but it won’t be automatic, it still will need creative input.
But yes I agree, machine learning will be there and will be used, hopefully in a more creative way as those millions of lifeless “portraits” on artbreed.com...

The kinds of synthesis I find most interesting are feedback-based and highly nonlinear, prone to blowing up at any moment. Don't know if that's "the future," but it keeps you in your toes, at least.

SHall1000 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:04 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:24 pm Synthesizers that only work with the application of bodily fluids
Already been done!

https://www.raingerfx.com/product/minib ... -analyser/
yup. thats what we were referencing.

although, that's a pedal, not a synth, so it hasnt been done yet, we are just hoping it will be :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:06 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:24 pm Synthesizers that only work with the application of bodily fluids
Already been done!

although, that's a pedal, not a synth, so it hasnt been done yet, we are just hoping it will be :hihi:
You’re a modular guy, just feed it with the most primitive saw-envelope-vca synth and you have it...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:29 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:06 pm
Already been done!

You’re a modular guy, just feed it with the most primitive saw-envelope-vca synth and you have it...
but i want oscillators and filtrrs modulated by my blood :D

vrrrrrrrtualz is or are the futurez.

I want thought control, so that when I think a sound, the synth just up and creates it.

rj0 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:00 pm but i want oscillators and filtrrs modulated by my blood :D
I want thought control, so that when I think a sound, the synth just up and creates it. :ud:

no jizz powered modulation?
seems odd.

izonin wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:13 am And many recent VSTi's from Dutch, German and other European manufacturers keep that legacy alive.
Like?

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:44 pm
rj0 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:00 pm but i want oscillators and filtrrs modulated by my blood :D
I want thought control, so that when I think a sound, the synth just up and creates it. :ud:

no jizz powered modulation?
seems odd.
A surprising omission from this year's NAMM

superbooth will be very messy this year...

You might as well ask about the future of music.

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:14 pm superbooth will be very messy this year...
I heard they're calling in this cleaning company afterwards...

fladd wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:54 pm
izonin wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:13 am And many recent VSTi's from Dutch, German and other European manufacturers keep that legacy alive.
Like?
Well the list is too long, so I'll just mention the Dutch king - Sylenth1. Probably the most popular VSTi of the last decade.

Return to “Instruments”