Vital: Coming out soon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mtytel wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:09 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 pm Yeah so nothing new then. Yawn. Lets see if this will be good. Helm was awful so i doubt it.
To answer your concerns, I rewrote all the DSP for Vital so it won't sound anything like Helm.
There are going to be more posts about Vital and I'd appreciate if you kept your dislike for Helm to Helm related threads.

If you have any specific questions about the sound in Vital (maybe about things you *really* hated in Helm), let me know and I can share a sound demo.
Now i feel ashamed. :scared: To be fair i dont hate Helm, it just didnt do it for me, soundwise, but featurewise its a good synth. I could of course have said that earlier, so i do apologize. Anyway i will keep my eyes on Vital for shure. :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:20 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 pm Yeah so nothing new then. Yawn. Lets see if this will be good. Helm was awful so i doubt it.
To answer your concerns, I rewrote all the DSP for Vital so it won't sound anything like Helm.
There are going to be more posts about Vital and I'd appreciate if you kept your dislike for Helm to Helm related threads.

If you have any specific questions about the sound in Vital (maybe about things you *really* hated in Helm), let me know and I can share a sound demo.
Now i feel ashamed. :scared: To be fair i dont hate Helm, it just didnt do it for me, soundwise, but featurewise its a good synth. I could of course have said that earlier, so i do apologize. Anyway i will keep my eyes on Vital for shure. :)
No hard feelings. I agree there are sound quality issues in Helm, that's why I made Vital :tu:

mcnelson wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:21 pm Hey! I like Helm, and I'm stoked about Vital!
I can't wait to release!

mtytel wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:53 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:20 pm

No hard feelings. I agree there are sound quality issues in Helm, that's why I made Vital :tu:
:tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

So, when can we expect something to try on?
Fernando (FMR)

Really uncool trolling. Helm is fantastic. Really excited for this one too. Thanks Matt!

This looks awesome! Cant wait to try. Something like serum on steroid. :-)

Your software is fantastic!! :D :) :love: Excellent idea to create a wavetables editor, like a video editing software (Premiere :) ) with keyframes !! I hope to find in this editor, with the same method of the keyframes, the possibility of creating wavetables in additive synthesis, drawing the profiles of the envelopes of each harmonic (16? -32? -64?). It is currently a very useful technique, and used by a few software including Arturia CMI V and the freeware QasarBeach CMI IIz

I will definitely be looking forward to trying this, thanks!

mtytel wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:53 pm No hard feelings. I agree there are sound quality issues in Helm, that's why I made Vital :tu:
Time to fix it? :hihi: :wink: (besides doing the Vital synth)

Looking forward!!

Is Vital really going to be free and open source? I really hope it will be, as afaik there are no proper FOSS alternatives to Serum, or FOSS wavetable synths at all. Sadly, the music production industry is dominated by expensive proprietary software. I hope this can change. If Vital will be a viable FOSS alternative to Serum, that would already be a pretty good step towards more FOSS within the music production industry.

No Vital signs since 25 januari.
Corona victim?

(Was that joke over the line? Hope not.)

Think there might be a release date soon, possibly.

Saffran wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:40 pm No Vital signs since 25 januari.
Corona victim?

(Was that joke over the line? Hope not.)
No, it was not funny. :dog:

Return to “Instruments”