MDynamicEq or Nova GE?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I usually use these kind of tools as corrective in mastering stage and Nova free it's incredible useful but not so clear about mid side so i found TB EQ 4 very very flexible, solid, light on CPU... From Melda i hate the gui at all...

Vortifex wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:40 am
Autobot wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:09 am Thanks for the input. Don't like the ToneBooster stuff - sounded always plastic-y for me.
I know it's subjective and all that, but this opinion of Toneboosters' sound doesn't seem accurate to me at all. You should give Equalizer 4 a demo https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_equalizer_v4.html
Tried every ToneBooster plugin since day one. Wasn't never satisfied with the sound and the UI but thanks.
rabbit in a hole

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MDynamic EQ and MAutoDynamicEQ are great. Very fluent to work with and good quality sound. The dynamic action can be ranged from really fast to slow.

Turello wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:19 am I usually use these kind of tools as corrective in mastering stage and Nova free it's incredible useful but not so clear about mid side so i found TB EQ 4 very very flexible, solid, light on CPU... From Melda i hate the gui at all...
TDR Nova can be set to work on the mid or side signal only. Not a problem at all, even the free version does it. Very easy. You use one instance set to Mid (Sum) and another one set to Side (difference). Flawless!

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:05 am
Autobot wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:09 am Thanks for the input. Don't like the ToneBooster stuff - sounded always plastic-y for me.

Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way.

If ToneBoosters stuff sounds "plastic-y" to you, then first I think you should try to define "plastic-y". Actually, not. It's not worth it. We've been here before.

ToneBoosters does not have a sound. In fact, they are known for being the most transparent plugins in the business. They are as transparent as can be. Define transparent.

Jeroen is one of the 'higher-ups' when it comes to defining audio standards. He's a Scientist, but I'd say he's quite an artist as well.

If you hear any kind of colouration at all with his plugins, I would seriously suggest you look in to Psychoacoustics (Psychoacoustics is the branch of psychophysics involving the scientific study of sound perception and audiology—how humans perceive various sounds) and how it can deceive human perception. And Psychophysics too (the branch of psychology that deals with the relations between physical stimuli and mental phenomena).

Funnily enough, he happens to be an authority on both.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jeroen_Breebaart

http://www.jeroenbreebaart.com/

Here you will find his contributions to the audio world. From the Mpeg stuff to Spatial stuff to the Psychophysical stuff and its role in audio functioning. Something like that. It's all there. He's no chump.

I will say this only one time!

LEAVE JEROEN ALONE! LEAVE HIM ALONE...!!!

I know it's hard to see Jeroen Breebart as a human being, but he is! Trust me. Just like you and I.

All I care about is Jeroen's wellbeing.

If anything ever happens to Jeroen...

I love him...

I love you Jeroen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqSTXuJeTks

He's a HUMAN!!!

LEAVE JEROEN ALONE!

Yours, Jeroen's PR Manager: Gordina de Groot.
Hahahaha. Your emotional plea you convinced me. I'll give ToneBooster another try.
rabbit in a hole

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Both are good. Test them both. Nova is the more surgical highend audio tool imho. MDynamicEQ the typical good mixing EQ. But Nova is something special imho. I upgraded to GE pretty quickly from the free version.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:00 am
Autobot wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:33 pm Hahahaha. Your emotional plea you convinced me. I'll give ToneBooster another try.

Graag gedaan!
Still. ToneBoosters is not my cup of tea. I think I'll go with the Melda one and TDR Nova (non-GE). Thanks for all the input.
rabbit in a hole

Return to “Effects”